Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2022, 06:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Installing Renogy 2000 watt inverter

Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I can say enough about helpful and insightful this site has been. Currently own a 2021 Micro Minnie 2306. It has factory 100w go power solar. I upgraded the factory battrty to 2 six volt 230ah batteries amd installed a battery monitor to keep track of power when off grid last season. Everything went great last season and making many memories with my wife and three boys.

I just purchased a Renogy 2000w Inverter and am in the planning phase of the install. I would like to mount the Inverter in the pass through and run 110 (under trailer and up through floor ) into the cabinet below the tv. Was thinking of installing outlet in cabinet and pulling power from there when off grid. I only need to run a few random appliances so have no interest in doing a "whole trailer" set up. Just need the one plug.

If your still with me, I appreciate it and apologize for the long winded post. On to my questions;

As far as wiring, run positive and negative from inverter to battery posts, run 110 from inverter underneath trailer and back up into cabinet to new outlet.
Do I need to also ground the inverter to chassis?
Can I run household 10/3 wiring outside trailer to outlet?
The wires that came with it are double strand of 4awg wires. I would like to extend them by roughly 1 foot to make it to pass through. I have enough
4awg laying around to make extension, but don't have enough to make all new lengths of wire. I'd rather not spend money on new longer wires if I already have some laying around. I'm cheap. Any issues with extending wires with proper connections?
Thank you in advance.
(More questions to follow I'm sure)
Breadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, inverter