Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2020, 06:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Full River batteries are very good. They also are quite a bit higher priced.
Most of the shops around where I live want to replace the Fuse's OEM batteries with Interstate 34M AGMs and they are $300+ dollars for 62AH rated batteries. The Fullriver AGMS are supposed to bar 115AH and cost about $330 from the local Solar shop, + $50 for installation. That actually sounds like a bargain to me. Perhaps these people are just not gouging as much as some others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
As for not choosing LiPo because of alternator charging, you could consider a Victron DC to DC charger. It takes alternator output (or any other 12v power source) and gives you a programmable DC output and smart charger to take over charging your batteries. It's not much over $250 and is a great way to maintain LiPo battery charging from your alternator. Plus it protects your alternator from damage at the same time.
So this does what? Modify the output from the alternator so that it produces enough voltage to fully charge the Lithium-ion batteries?

The same Solar shop that is offering the Fullriver AGM batteries told me that they no longer sell Lithium-ion batteries for RVs because they still have serious issues - early failures, fires and an inability to maintain their rated voltage. I am not suggesting that what I am told is correct - I know so little about this subject that I can't immediately vet anything a sales guy tells me and so I tend to be very suspicious. Still, if they were selling L-I batteries and stopped doing so I would assume there was some reason.

Have you had any issues with L-I batteries? And what are good brands? I read a lot about Battle Born but know nothing about them or about other brands that might be just as good but not have a recognizable name.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries