Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2022, 06:13 PM   #1
Winnie Owner

Exterior Receptacles stopped working

2010 Winnebago Adventurer 32H.
Sudden stoppage of exterior receptacles and wet bay light and under belly light.
Checked the GFI receptacle in kitchen, working with green light on. All circuit breakers functioning. The only thing I need to check is the bathroom to see if there is a GFI Receptacle in there.
Suggestions? There doesn't seem to be a chassis fuse/breaker for this.
Kmaltais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

If you're not aware, you can access the Winnebago Owners resource pages. Here's a link to which I believe are the electrical wiring schematics and installation drawings for your coach.
These could be of assistance to you.
Just drill down for your year and model.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

^^ What Lowdie said.

According to the 120 volt diagram The outside receptacles (and the dinette receptacle) are downstream of the bathroom GFI. Seems like that's your issue.

The wet bay light and underbelly (step?) light are 12 volts though and not affected by the 120 volt stuff.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sounds right on the GFCI and just need to check it, but some help on the other as it can be simple as a bulb or two not working. Defective? OR just dirty contacts and need cleaning? But it might be more difficult like the circuit is not working?

The way I work the problem is to check for voltage on the pins in the bulbholder as well as test the bulb. If you are new to testing electronic gizmos, now is a good time to buy a meter for $10-30 as you will find a great number of times when they will save you lots of work! RV are electronics waiting to fail!

But Winnebago gives us lots of online help to follow, once we learn their methods. If we want to be a Winnebago mechanic, we gotta learn how!

Step one can be to find the clues and one they give us are wire ID's stamped along the side of wires like this snip shows. Click these snips to get them bigger for a better view.

If you can find the ID on the wires, you likely come to WA and WC on the compartment light? So use this chart to sort out what those wires do and where they come from and go to:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

That tells you the source of power is WC as it comes from the breaker! So does it have 12 volts on it? If not, chase the breaker, but you may want to first sort WHICH breaker and where.

Sheet 3 of this drawing has the location of the breaker panel. Sheet 4 goes into details of the panel and gives you the circuit ID for WC! Top left on the back will be top right when looking at the front!!!

The front labels are sometimes kind of generic and may not always get to the right breaker, so be aware that you have to mentally turn the view/location around when looking at the back or front on the panel on the drawings!
Find the circuit ID of WC on the back side view and look at the front when looking at the panel?
YES! You have found the breaker labeled "compartment lamps" but never trust those labels if it doesn't seem to fit as they can mislead tosome other compartment that is not involved. It's fine to go by them and try them but if they don't seem right, do some checking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire id copy.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	182577   Click image for larger version

Name:	dg.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	182578  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dg1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	182579  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Exterior receptacles

I had a similar problem on my Adventurer. The receptacles on the driver's side in the dinette area and in the bathroom stopped working. I checked the GFCI receptacle above the kitchen sink. It checked good, but I changed it anyway. After much consternation and troubleshooting, A friend asked me if I checked the other GFCI receptacle. He showed me the receptacle near the floor next to the dinette is also A GFCI. I reset it and all receptacles worked. I keep a photo-sensitive light in this receptacle for night time safety and it would not normally be on in the daytime. Plus, it covered the breaker buttons on the receptacle.
pthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Some inverters have a GFI reset. Mine does.
MadMax124 is offline   Reply With Quote