Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2024, 05:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Workhorse Chassis Service Locations?

A friend of mine who has a Winnie on a Freightliner chassis told me a place in South Carolina that she took her RV to. It was a combo training/service center for Freightliner and she said her RV got the best service there at very reasonable rates. I was wondering if such a thing existed for Workhorse chassis RVs??
jefflbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Try https://gerberrvtruckandbus.com/ they used to specialize in Workhorse and GM, Ford, Spartan MH chassis.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!! I'll be giving them a call to see what services they offer.
Old 06-03-2024, 05:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Workhorse

Anyone know of any Workhorse service locations in the Midwest ?
charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 07:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Have you tried Googling "Workhorse service locations near me"..??
Old 06-03-2024, 08:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Have you looked for a good truck mechanic that works on gas engines as well as diesel. I found one a long time ago and he has been caring for my Workhorse with 7.4 liter engine and chassis since 2009. If you are on the road, that's another story.
delhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 08:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhawk View Post
Have you looked for a good truck mechanic that works on gas engines as well as diesel. I found one a long time ago and he has been caring for my Workhorse with 7.4 liter engine and chassis since 2009. If you are on the road, that's another story.
Not sure if your comment was for me or another user, but I don't have a gas engine, as per my signiature.............

My post was mainly trying to find a service center that is also a training center, to keep the cost down and the quality of service high, as described by my friend with the Freightliner chassis RV........... finding a shop that works on Workhorse chassis is not the issue............
Old 06-03-2024, 09:34 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Considering the Workhorse is a discontinued chassis, I don't know if there would still be a factory school for them. The Freightliner Facility in Gaffney is just a couple of miles from the factory where they are built. I use them for as much of my service as possible. They are great people to work with. They charge about the same as a regular Freightliner shop, what is great is the onsite hookups and dump station. You can come in the night before and usually get out the next day. If something major needs to be done, they will move your coach back to your slot so you can stay in it. When we were there for heavy service they discovered a recall on my exhaust system and helped set up and appointment with a nearby Cummins dealer.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Considering the Workhorse is a discontinued chassis, I don't know if there would still be a factory school for them. The Freightliner Facility in Gaffney is just a couple of miles from the factory where they are built. I use them for as much of my service as possible. They are great people to work with. They charge about the same as a regular Freightliner shop, what is great is the onsite hookups and dump station. You can come in the night before and usually get out the next day. If something major needs to be done, they will move your coach back to your slot so you can stay in it. When we were there for heavy service they discovered a recall on my exhaust system and helped set up and appointment with a nearby Cummins dealer.

Aaron
Yes! Gaffney is where my friend took her RV and raved about the service......

It never occurred to me that the fact that Workhorse was discontinued would be a factor. I'm thinking my best bet is to find a local Winnebago dealer to give my RV a general going over. I have several local diesel shops that have and will do the engine maintence so that's not the issue.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I would think that you can find a local, independent commercial truck shop that can handle it. Here's an example of what to look for (from the Sacramento area) that's served me well (2002 Workhorse).

https://www.mikeandsonstruckrepair.com/
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 12:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Open the link in my reply #2. That is about as midwest as you can get.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-03-2024, 06:45 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Open the link in my reply #2. That is about as midwest as you can get.
Hackensack, NJ is in the Mid West?

Aaron
Old 06-04-2024, 06:36 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Hackensack, NJ is in the Mid West?

Aaron
Sorry, my bad. I was working on 2 computers at the same time.I should know better than to multi-task at 81.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:42 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Sorry, my bad. I was working on 2 computers at the same time.I should know better than to multi-task at 81.
And I can screw it up just fine at 65...

Aaron

Tags
service, workhorse, chassis, cat