Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Angry Ford Truck Service Locations

Not sure if anybody has raised this question previously (can not find such a thread), but is there such a thing as a publication by the Ford Motor Company that lists all current Ford TRUCK Service facilities?? Or is there any other way to locate Ford Truck Repair facilities??

From what I have seen, most Ford Automobile Dealers lack sufficiently large facilities to permit Class C or Class A RVs inside their garages.

Several years ago, I stopped at the local Ford Dealer here in Stuart Florida for an oil change on my Class C Itasca Impulse. The Service people were not pleased to see me. According to what I was told, the oil change would have to be performed outside the garage which was "inconvenient" for them.

Nowadays, I do all the oil and filter changes on the 2017 Cambria we own primarily because I am unable to find a facility nearby capable of service.

And worse, How can we identify a Ford Truck Repair facility when we are on a trip??

Appreciate any ideas/comments/suggestions,
chuck
cthiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

What size are you dealing with? Seems odd to me as I just run my 31 foot through Wal-mart or where we are at the time that seems convenient! Sounds like they were just not too inspired as the last oil change was done in the parking lot out back and they did not need to lift it but just slid under and drained into a pan at "Tuffy's Auto Repair"!
Unless it requires something special, I might look for a smaller place and avoid the dealership.
The deal with me is that when looking at the cost of oil, filter, etc, it would only save $5 or so to do all that work.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Do a web search for Ford COMMERCIAL truck service.

Those are the dealers that can "usually" handle RVs. But you need to call ahead. Many have stopped servicing RVs.

https://www.ford.com/commercial-vehicle-center/
Old 06-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Manny THANKS to both for such prompt replies.

Indeed, my primary concern is repairs more than an oil change. I was trying to make the point my 31 foot Class C Impulse Silver and our current 31 foot Class C Cambria doesn't appear to be well received at the majority of Ford Automobile Dealers.

Creativepart's comment about Ford Commercial Truck facility's reluctance to work on RVs is more than a little disturbing. Ford obviously has no reluctance ins selling Ford Truck chassis to RV manufacturers. One would think the Corp Office would want to stand behind their products.

Have to admit, I have had poor experiences with the Ford Motorcar Corporation years ago.

Again, Thanks for the comments,
chuck
cthiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I come from a Ford family with several folks where I kind of grew up Ford but that also means that I have looked at the industry from different views and I really try not to go to dealership service but still there are times when I feel compelled to do it.
Newer cars that have warranty, I feel silly not to but some of the time I really have to say I don't like the results.
Getting into the details like the computer portions, I feel like they should have a better shot at finding the problem but if it's just the mechanical like brakes, wheels, etc. I tend to avoid them.
But I very much doubt than other companies will give better results either. Just too many potential customers for them to really worry much about losing a few.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

It is similarly difficult to find Mercedes Sprinter based RV service. Few car dealers will do it. But I pull up the area I am searching on Google Maps and enter Freghtliner Service Centers (the equivalent of entering Ford commercial truck service) and lots pop up, well every 100 miles or so.

Some independent auto repair shops will also do it. If they have experience with the Bluetec diesel in cars they can probably handle the Sprinter chassis. Call around and see.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:36 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Ive had good luck with Rush Truck Centers which have quite a few locations. They have done my oil changes and replaced the track bar, under warranty, last year. They have a chassis age limit of 10 years, I think. In Georgia, I used another commercial dealer, Peach State Freightliner/Ford. There are service centers out there, just not the normal car/truck dealer.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #8
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Ford RV truck centres

Look them up. We have one in Langley bc that I take my RV to once every few oil changes. I do my own but when you take it into them they do a very thorough billion point check up. It’s kind of nice to see how much pad distance, battery condition etc.

BTW. Kudos to the Langley center if any of you see this.

BBTTWW. I hate dealerships so.......
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

There is a customer service number that you can call in the Ford owners manual and the service rep at that number will give you the most current info on Ford Dealers in your area that can deal with your current service need. For some of the simpler services you really do not need a commercial truck center but only one that is capable of service an F350 or F450 SuperDuty Pickup Truck or E450 Van.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Yup as NeilV said. The phone number is in your Ford owners manual. Can also be found on line.

There are Ford dealers that have service bays large enough to lift large trucks and motorhomes. You can call a Ford dealer to find which ones can service your motorhome.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

My ongoing saga: Thought I'd share my experience this morning trying to find chassis warranty recall service (rear differential, AdvanceTrak) for my 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B anywhere near Atlanta, GA. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Lee-Smith, Inc. (Chattanooga): No parts, check back next month...
Peach State Ford Trk Sls Inc (Norcross): Maybe 3 weeks, MUST drop off and wait...
Courtesy Ford: No Parts? Checking...
Long-Lewis Ford of the Shoals: Call next month...

NOT WORKING ON MOTORHOMES - PERIOD (though Ford's Commercial Truck site says they do)
Akins Ford
Allan Vigil Ford
Wade Ford
Ford of Dalton
Billy Howell Ford Lincoln
Fairway Ford
Woody Anderson Ford
Ken Wilson Ford
Four Seasons Ford, Inc.
D & D Motors, Inc.

My next step is to call Ford's hotline or maybe plan a trip to Florida, where there a lot more dealers that handle RV's.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes2 View Post
My ongoing saga: Thought I'd share my experience this morning trying to find chassis warranty recall service (rear differential, AdvanceTrak) for my 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B anywhere near Atlanta, GA. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Lee-Smith, Inc. (Chattanooga): No parts, check back next month...
Peach State Ford Trk Sls Inc (Norcross): Maybe 3 weeks, MUST drop off and wait...
Courtesy Ford: No Parts? Checking...
Long-Lewis Ford of the Shoals: Call next month...

NOT WORKING ON MOTORHOMES - PERIOD (though Ford's Commercial Truck site says they do)
Akins Ford
Allan Vigil Ford
Wade Ford
Ford of Dalton
Billy Howell Ford Lincoln
Fairway Ford
Woody Anderson Ford
Ken Wilson Ford
Four Seasons Ford, Inc.
D & D Motors, Inc.

My next step is to call Ford's hotline or maybe plan a trip to Florida, where there a lot more dealers that handle RV's.

Since you appear to have done the checking and more than enough, I really would suggest checking the info on warrenty and then calling Ford numbers as listed in the manual as that seems to be what is expected at this point. There are reasons that Ford adds info on what to do if not satisfied!

Now seems to be a problem with getting parts and that is a whole different story and related to the pandemic but the Ford Company should still do their best to arrange a fix for your problem.
Also it might be noted that recall items also have a government factor involved and you might mention that to any doubters you might run into along the way?
Refusing to provide a reasonable fix for a recall item might be something they would want to avoid?
Check your manual for possible solutions.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I just dropped off our 2021 22M at Bayshore Ford in Wilmington De. It’s a Ford Commercial Truck Service Center. I need an oil change, check for any recalls, TSB’s, and a small exhaust noise when it first starts up. They had 2 other Class C RVs in the service lot. I did have to wait a month for my appointment, but I think that’s normal considering the current state of the economy. They’re a fairly large service center. I’ll post how my service went when it’s finished. The Service Advisor was very friendly and helpful.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Got my 22M with the 7.3L engine back today. Lube, oil, and filter change. They checked for any recalls or TSB issues and none were found. The small engine noise on start-up was deemed normal. The tech found a new E-350 on their lot, and it had the same small noise. So all in all it was a good experience. I did notice on their list of charges, they do charge $25/hr more for RV work.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, ford, service