Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Aren't There Any Good So. California Winnebago Service Locations

I was reading the RV service reviews of different Winnebago authorized service centers/dealers for Southern California and it appears that none of them I would want to use from the different horror stories I read.

Following that, I checked them out in Yelp and they mostly get fair to poor ratings there as well, along with more horror stories.

Aren't there any Winnebago service centers/dealers who are any good in Southern California?

One would think that Winnebago Industries would have some standards these service centers would have to adhere to.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried: RV Service Reviews

I have used it twice and found both times that the highly recommended service center or technician was good. I plan on continuing to use it.
cruizerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Are you referring to the chassis or the coach?
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We haven't found any. We finally gave up taking our coach to any of them. The last one caused additional damage to our MH and didn't fix the item we took it to them to fix. Now, we are looking for good independent shops or we'll just fix it ourselves.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post
Have you tried: RV Service Reviews

I have used it twice and found both times that the highly recommended service center or technician was good. I plan on continuing to use it.
Yes, that's where I saw that there's many issues against the service centers (and then I saw the same with Yelp). Very disappointing!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Are you referring to the chassis or the coach?

The coach. Obviously, since my MH is under warranty, I would need to go to an authorized Winnebago service center to the work done, if need be. The ones I saw reviewed left a lot to be desired, according to fellow iRV2 members.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Try San Diego RV center. This is listed as in El Cajon Ca.
They do warranty work.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
Try San Diego RV center. This is listed as in El Cajon Ca.
They do warranty work.
They're a bit far from me (I'm in the Los Angeles area), but I will keep them in mind. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2015, 04:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
They're a bit far from me (I'm in the Los Angeles area), but I will keep them in mind. Thanks!
I'm afraid its not just a California problem. Winnebago needs to do a better job everywhere. In Georgia we are limited to Camping World, which equates into leaving your unit for a month for almost any kind of warranty service. Too many coaches for them to handle on a timely way. Once it's out of warranty there are other options.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Not sure what the Los Angeles area means, but if Fontana isn't too far, try J&L RV Repair, 8364 Sutana Ave, Fontana, CA.

Family owned business that I have had great results with. They have installed a residential refrigerator for me along with slide seal, slide gearing repairs and electrical work. They also do body work. I am pretty certain they will do Winnebago warranty work. Call Joelene at (909)429-2194. (Tell her the Hershey Bar with Almonds Guy said "hey" )
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Not sure what the Los Angeles area means, but if Fontana isn't too far, try J&L RV Repair, 8364 Sutana Ave, Fontana, CA.

Family owned business that I have had great results with. They have installed a residential refrigerator for me along with slide seal, slide gearing repairs and electrical work. They also do body work. I am pretty certain they will do Winnebago warranty work. Call Joelene at (909)429-2194. (Tell her the Hershey Bar with Almonds Guy said "hey" )
I live in the San Fernando Valley. Fontana is about 60 miles east of me. If they do warranty work on Winnebagos, that would be a better option than El Cajon.

The nearest Winnebago dealers to me are toss-ups between Barber RV in Ventura (no reviews at RV Service Reviews and not-so-hot reviews at Yelp) and Camping World in Valencia. CW has mixed (at best) reviews.

Anyone here used Barber RV?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Temecula Valley RV Repair in Temecula CA. They are doing work for us and they do good work. They do warranty work not sure if Winnebago is one though. It will take a few weeks to get in as they are always booked.
cathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I live in the San Fernando Valley. Fontana is about 60 miles east of me. If they do warranty work on Winnebagos, that would be a better option than El Cajon.

The nearest Winnebago dealers to me are toss-ups between Barber RV in Ventura (no reviews at RV Service Reviews and not-so-hot reviews at Yelp) and Camping World in Valencia. CW has mixed (at best) reviews.

Anyone here used Barber RV?
I bought a Lance Camper from Barber in 1985, and had warranty work done on my 1999 Winnebago Chieftain there with good results. Yelp is 4 out of 5 stars with 28 reviews, I don't thing you'll find any higher rating without traveling a long distance.

Barber's been around a long time and still in business. Can't say that about Altmans.

Good luck,
Bill

Tags
winnebago, service, cat, california