Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tour 42QD - Long Hydraulic Slide Anomaly

Hey everyone - I have a 2013 Winnebago 42 QD - has 2 slides on passenger side and the monster full length hydraulic slide on the driver side.

We set up yesterday, everything textbook. Leveled (cement pad), deployed all slides with RV running as prescribed.

Went out for the afternoon. Came back and the monster slide on driver's side was closed except for 3-4 inches. It closed on its own. Of course, had some pictures up on the bedroom back wall that came crashing down but other than that no damage. I started the rig, it opened back up no issue.

I have searched the internet and cannot find anything related to this. Maybe I am just missing the posts in the swarm of posts about faulty Schwin-tec slides on these rigs - but this is not one of those.

WHAT would cause it to close on its own? I am at a loss and frankly, a little bit freaked out by it....perhaps the rig is haunted

Thanks for any ideas!
Orracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry for your problem. There are a number of phantom slide threads around on the internet. Many of them are the slide going OUT while driving... YIKES!

First, let's clear something up. You say your Full Wall Slide (FWS) is hydraulic and then you ask about faulty Schwintec slides. That need cleared up because Schwintec slides are electric, not hydraulic.

The threads I've seen on phantom slide operation have all been with hydraulic slides.

Also, on some of the older motorhomes the hydraulic slides were supplied by HWH. Newer models are from Power Gear. Do you know which you have?

Both are super good about phone support and after you figure out what you have you might want to call their support line. I think we even have a member here that worked for HWH for a long time and gives help.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
Site Team

Here's a link to a thread with a similar topic:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/sli...ml#post5007910
Old 06-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Good questions. While I have has issues with the Schwin-Tec in the past, they are not the issue today. My issue today was the large, hydraulic slide - engine off, hooked to shore power, retracted itself - CAME IN.....without us there.

This slide is a Power Gear in floor slide mechanism.
Orracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
Site Team

Here's the phone and email for Power Gear's support dept (Lippert LCI owns Power Gear):

[email protected]
432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)

Tags
hydraulic, slide