Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2021, 11:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Crown molding installation

So, following a couple of years of on again, off again work, we finally finished installing crown molding throughout our sticks n bricks.

SWMBO wants similar trim in the rig. I spent the day milling sufficient running feet of proportional crown molding.

Has anyone installed this type of trim in your rig?

I do not want to adhese the trim. Can't pin nail, as there is an aluminum extrusion behind the thin ply wallboard at the roof to wall juncture.

I've pored over all the drawings and am thinking of installing the trim with self tapping screws. Any reason that's a bad idea?

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
So, following a couple of years of on again, off again work, we finally finished installing crown molding throughout our sticks n bricks.

SWMBO wants similar trim in the rig. I spent the day milling sufficient running feet of proportional crown molding.

Has anyone installed this type of trim in your rig?

I do not want to adhese the trim. Can't pin nail, as there is an aluminum extrusion behind the thin ply wallboard at the roof to wall juncture.

I've pored over all the drawings and am thinking of installing the trim with self tapping screws. Any reason that's a bad idea?

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Funny you should ask. I bought some quarter round from Winnebago that they use for floor trim—fully finished to match the cabinetry. Not REALLY crown molding per se, but I intend on installing it as such in several areas.

I like to ponder projects like this, and then one day, when I wake up, it hits me how best to do it. This project hasn’t hit me yet, but in the background, I’m leaning towards glue, not nails...

Tags
install