Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Black plastic window pieces

Hello I have a Vista 27n. Today while washing I noticed at the bottom of the passenger window that it looks like one of what appears to be 4 black of the plastic pieces are missing at the bottom of the window around the seal. I’m not sure if these are just weep hole coverings and cosmetic or serve any other purpose? Irregardless anyone have any recommendations on a lead for a replacement inventory supplier? Look to be about 4” or so long and almost snap fit into the weather stripping from best I can tell. Thanks.
dandr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You have found one of the most commo0n things to drop off!
I've gone to adding a bit of silicone to keep them in as even a wipedown with a rag can snag them out!
They come in left and right so check the right part number but I just do a search online for the best price using the part number and found them.

Lots of small dealers who stock small parts like this at better prices/service than the bigs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vemts.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	180240   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	180241  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The thing that Morich didn't mention is that their major function is to eliminate wind noise. If your wind noise is at an acceptable level, there is no immediate need to replace it.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Got mine from Adam at Lichtsinn RV . They have a great website and your can locate your coach as well as part. As said above there is right and left and a little silicone helps hold them on.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I mentioned silicone but just to be clear, don't get too much on to stop up the holes!
They are meant to let the rain water, etc. "weep" out rather than run inside and the cover is to keep the wind from making noise as you drive.
So maybe you can solve two problems at the same time if you've got noise when driving?
Just don't move from noise to flooding with too much silicone!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

thank you all for the information. Was able to place an order, and for the price got some spares for both sides just in case to have them on standby

Thanks again!

Tags
window