Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Flat tow devices for Forza

I have a Bronco that we want to flat tow. There is so much info available, it’s hard to sort threw it all.

Can anyone recommend a setup and explain to me why they chose that particular set up?

Thanks

John and Suzie Dove
GotUr6.org
GotUr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Team

So many choices? I know of three, BlueOx, Roadmaster and Demco.

Look at their websites to see what they say or look for online reviews on them. There should be some on YouTube as well.

I use BlueOx, I chose them because it looked easier without the "cross bar" that Roadmaster puts between the arms of the towbar. Once you choose the towbar then you get the baseplate from that manufacturer most of the time.

There are tons of Aux Braking choices, but if you read up on each, price them and their installation, if any, and you should be able to tell what you like. We use the Brake Buddy that is portable and you put it in the car each time. It cost less to buy and there is no installation. Plus, if you change Toads you just move it yourself to your new toad.

Everyone will have their own favorite - I think they are all pretty good. I've had both BlueOx and Roadmaster towbars and we returned the Roadmaster because it was difficult to work with. Other's swear by it.
Old 07-31-2023, 04:16 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Make sure your Forza is rated to tow the Bronco before you spend too much. ETrailer is a good site to see what fits your Bronco when you’re ready.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I began with a Roadmaster 5K tow bar, towing a Jeep GC 4x4. Jeep was totaled so I changed everything. I bought a Blue Ox tow-bar and base-plate for my Silverado K1500. Like any other tow--bar it must be properly maintained.
I kept the same braking system for the towed, a M&G braking system. Since my MH has air brakes it was easy to install and you never have to touch it again-once properly installed. It is all under the hood of the towed, even the safety brake-away system.

For gas engine MH's it has an optional air compressor that also mounts under the hood of the towed.
Yes that is expensive equipment, however when you buy the best-rated expect to pay for the reliability and quality.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow