Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
MattTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Winnebago Factory for Service?

Hi, Please forgive me if this seems like a silly question, we're getting close to living in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N for much longer time periods than we ever have before. We're really excited about it, and a bit nervous. Our RV is great, runs well, no leaks, slides almost always work with the first push of the button, ha!

So I was just wondering about something. We're going to be near the factory in July. Does anyone think it's a good idea for a 12 year old class A to be given the once over by a tech at the factory? You know, just to take a look at slide mechanics & seals, the roof and all that. Do they even offer such a service at the factory? I'll have to check, but if they do, good idea or am I just letting the excitement get to me?
__________________
2017 Winnebago Forza 36G (Puff The Magic Wagon)
2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 (Golden Eagle)
YouTube Channel - Nomadic Native
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise
 
majfrizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 317
First I concur with getting any work done at the factory is great if you can. The problem is in July they do not do appointments with the GNR going on, they work a limited service each day in order to serve everyone at the rally and they do a good job. But if you are at the Rally get it worked on then, they work on specific items. I just looked at their instructions and they will work on 7 items at a time, then you go back on the list for next available time.


Bob
__________________
Retired Army--Bob--2014 Tour 42QD
2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD
2001 Honda Goldwing
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
Lv2Roam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Somewhere On the Road
Posts: 126
It's OK to get excited about this life style - that's why so many of us do it! I highly recommend the factory for work - and if they tell you they don't do a 'general overview' check out Lichtsinn RV (about a mile from the factory service center). Please also get your chassis / tires looked at carefully and consider engine, trans and gen service plus lube. As previously said - July is crazy - make sure you nail down an appointment early ...

Safe, and enjoyable, travels ...
__________________
Steve
2015 Itasca Ellipse QD | 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Lv2Roam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTaylor View Post
Hi, Please forgive me if this seems like a silly question, we're getting close to living in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N for much longer time periods than we ever have before. We're really excited about it, and a bit nervous. Our RV is great, runs well, no leaks, slides almost always work with the first push of the button, ha!

So I was just wondering about something. We're going to be near the factory in July. Does anyone think it's a good idea for a 12 year old class A to be given the once over by a tech at the factory? You know, just to take a look at slide mechanics & seals, the roof and all that. Do they even offer such a service at the factory? I'll have to check, but if they do, good idea or am I just letting the excitement get to me?
As others have mentioned July isn't the best time, mainly because of the Winnebago GNR (Grand National Rally).
WIT Club Grand National Rally - Overview | Winnebago International Travelers

This year it's July 18th thru the 23rd.

Any time other than that you can make an appointment and get anything you want repaired. I would e mail them a list of the things you want looked at and ask for an estimate. If the roof has never been resealed there's a good chance it will need to be done. It can be in the several hundred dollar range if the entire thing needs to be resealed.

The last time we were there I believe the hourly rate was $115.00 per hour. They aren't the cheapest repair service, but I believe they are the best. Over the years we've had both our motorhomes there for service, and haven't been disappointed. They do excellent work in a timely manner and will explain everything they've done when you pick it up.
__________________
Hikerdogs
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise
 
majfrizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 317
In addition if you need to stay there overnight while they work on it, they have Electric hookups for their service customers right there at the front door.
__________________
Retired Army--Bob--2014 Tour 42QD
2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD
2001 Honda Goldwing
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palisade CO
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
In addition if you need to stay there overnight while they work on it, they have Electric hookups for their service customers right there at the front door.
And if all those are full they have hookups across the highway in the rally field. You have to get a permit slip from the service center first though.
__________________
Clay WA5NMR - Ex Snowbird - 1 year, Ex Full timer for 11 years - 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Honda Accord toad.
Clay L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
MattTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Okay, so we would like to attend the rally and get on the service schedule. I went to the WIT site and read about it, was ready to pay the fees, but then I could not find any info on pets other than the address and phone numbers of local vets & boarders. Are pets allowed at the rally?

This is a deal breaker for us.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Forza 36G (Puff The Magic Wagon)
2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 (Golden Eagle)
YouTube Channel - Nomadic Native
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTaylor View Post
Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Okay, so we would like to attend the rally and get on the service schedule. I went to the WIT site and read about it, was ready to pay the fees, but then I could not find any info on pets other than the address and phone numbers of local vets & boarders. Are pets allowed at the rally?

This is a deal breaker for us.
Yes pets are allowed at the rally. We've been there several times and always take our 2 Cocker Spaniels. If I remember correctly one of the days there's even a "Pet Parade".
__________________
Hikerdogs
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise
 
majfrizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 317
Pets are allowed for sure. If I remember right they even have activities for them also. When you call to register you can ask. But no problem. Come and have fun.
__________________
Retired Army--Bob--2014 Tour 42QD
2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD
2001 Honda Goldwing
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper
 
MattTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks! We will be there, and very much look forward to it!
__________________
2017 Winnebago Forza 36G (Puff The Magic Wagon)
2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 (Golden Eagle)
YouTube Channel - Nomadic Native
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
service, winnebago


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Factory order stuck at factory? WineLuvrs Winnebago General Discussions 28 07-13-2013 08:42 PM
Winnebago Factory Service Ustamiata Winnebago General Discussions 14 09-28-2008 03:39 PM
Winnebago factory Service YngRvrs Winnebago General Discussions 16 08-29-2008 02:46 PM
Service at Winnebago factory Marshall316 Winnebago General Discussions 10 08-01-2007 04:42 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.