Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Looking for Onan QuietDiesel SERVICE manual

I have an Onan 7500 QuietDiesel generator in my 2000 Itasca Horizon. It recently quit - starts and runs for 10-20 seconds. Then gives an "1-1" error code. I have also found chunks of magnets in the lowere service door.

I am just about 100% sure that I have the famous problem with this generator - it sheds its magnets and destroys the generator stator and rotor.

I am a real do-it yourself guy and plan on dropping the generator this weekend and fixing it myself. One local dealer has quoted $965 for the stator and $517 for the rotor - parts cost only.

So a few questions for the community - has anyone out there done this already and do you know of a lower cost source for the parts? And does anyone out ther have a service manual I can buy or get a copy of?

The part number for the manual is 981-0522

It is not the cost (it is about $30) it the fact that I contacted several dealers, and they are quoting me AT LEAST two weeks to get me the manual. I would like to get it fixed way before that. Thanks!
ddalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Will this help?
Cummins Generator Technologies Download Manuals
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

try here:
Cummins Onan
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I am just about 100% sure that I have the famous problem with this generator - it sheds its magnets and destroys the generator stator and rotor.
I not heard of "the famous problem" ...how many hours does your generator have on it?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jim and Dan for download lead, been looking for more info. My gen has 1450 hrs and had mags and stator and rotor replaced before buying Discovery. Hopefully will go alot longer this time.
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonetrooper View Post
Thanks Jim and Dan for download lead, been looking for more info. My gen has 1450 hrs and had mags and stator and rotor replaced before buying Discovery. Hopefully will go alot longer this time.
KC
you are welcome.
here is another reference.

http://www.flightsystems.com/pdf/onanrvtshootgd608.pdf
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again Dan for further info. Just serviced gen and was curious about belt, you can barely see it through bottom access hatch. Guess they changed it when gen was out of MH for mag replacement before buying cause it looks shiny and new. One less worry.
Thanks again Kelly
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote