Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #141

Thanks Bob..."you da man"
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #142
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaverickBBD:
When it says "bring wood" what are the dimensions and how much do folks bring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is always a good idea to bring some pieces of wood along to the GNR to help level if you get a "less than level" site.

However, the times we were there, WIT had a large pile of miscellaneous sized scraps of wood on site for those who need it. The pile has always been near the red barn.

Safe miles to you - we'll see you there!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #143
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Ding and Glenda, so I take it the wood is for your jacks and NOT your wheels. Thats a relief as I was wondering where I would carry a dozen 2" bys.

Leave a week from today! You can't miss us as we will have a BIG Black Dog and be with a group of 13 coaches in Sec. E. We will have a banner in front of our coach that says "San Juanderers". Stop by! We are looking forward to meeting ALL of you.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #144
Winnebago Camper

We have a weding to go to on the 12th. My uncle is getting maried and we can't miss it. He is 86 and his new wife will be 84 they are acting like a couple in their 30's. We will be in section E on the 15th. Hope to meet some of you there. Jim & Helen
Old 06-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #145
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">are on-track to arrive about July 10 or 11 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We plan to arrive on the 11th, and will be in the MilWIT rows. I'll keep my eye out for John and other early arrivals!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #146

Here is an update.......

The irv2 party will be on Monday, July 21 at 6:00 in seminar tent D. There will be chairs, but we will have to bring tables if we want them. Most of us probably carry some type of table that we can use. I suggest that if we want to have snacks, that you bring enough for yourself and some extra. Of course you should bring the "beverage" of choice for yourself. I will have stick on name tags for you to fill out with your screen name so we can recognize each other. Since several of us will be there a few days before, we can get together and "iron out" the details. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to offer them. This is an impromptu get together so we can take the opportunity to meet the friends we have made through irv2. If I have any additional updates, I will let you know. Please, everyone have a safe trip and I look forward to meeting you at GNR.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #147
Winnie-Wise

Glenda -

Maybe we can even persuade WIT General Manager Doug Formanek to drop by and say a few words.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #148

He has already said he will drop in and say hello.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #149
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenda1908:
I will have stick on name tags for you to fill out with your screen name so we can recognize each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Colleen and I will bring a table. We'd like to sign up to help with the name tags if you need the help. We also have a golf cart in the event some of our mobility challenged members need a ride.

See you all at the GNR - We'll be in the 50A sites. I have a flag pole on my 6 o'clock with both a US and a Workhorse flags.

I will also have a supply of iRV2 stickers in case someone needs a couple and I will bring those to the party.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #150

Driver,
Thanks and yes for the help with the name tags. I think we could set up a table at the entrance for folks to sign in. If several of us bring tables we will have plenty. We also have a four seater cart if anyone needs picked up. Warpath sent me a box of irv2 stickers and some other stuff that can be put out on a table. I will have the irv2 banner displayed on our coach before hand and then bring it to the tent that day. We will be there the 17th in the VA row. See you there and thanks again.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #151
Winnie-Wise

We plan to arrive on Tuesday 15 July and park in the MILWIT row.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #152
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
I have a "I RV 2" t-shirt from 05 or 06. Any more available to sell at GNR?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #153
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrG:
I have a "I RV 2" t-shirt from 05 or 06. Any more available to sell at GNR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really don't know at this point but I'll find out.

I have 2 shirts which I can choose from to wear at important events like this one. I also have white iRV2.com golf shirts. Those shirts are getting to be something like 5 years old.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 06-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #154
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrG:
I have a "I RV 2" t-shirt from 05 or 06. Any more available to sell at GNR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really don't know at this point but I'll find out.

I have 2 shirts which I can choose from to wear at important events like this one. I also have white iRV2.com golf shirts. Those shirts are getting to be something like 5 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please assure members attending that your shirts here will be washed before you get to GNR.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 03:07 AM   #155
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
Please assure members attending that your shirts will be washed before you get to GNR.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had that same devilish thought yesterday!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #156
Winnebago Camper

We have all kinds of iRV2 logo T's, mugs, sweatshirts and more.

Check it out here --&gt; http://www.cafepress.com/irv2/3815947

The quality is excellent, I have a few hoodie's, T's and mugs and they have held up to the abuse I have put them through while camping.

Wish I could make the rally, but I'll be finishing up with another great rally and can't take the additional days at this point.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #157
Winnebago Owner

Breakfast at the Lodge!

Please pardon me if this is not news (previously posted) but I have limited internet connection and time.

We are sitting at the Lodge, enjoying lunch with Jill!!

Good news: There WILL be breakfast at the Lodge for the 2 week period surrounding the GNR. Jill thinks she will be working most of the mornings.

The broadband is up in the rally grounds, but it wont allow surfing yet. You get a connection, and IP and gateway addresses, but no access. maybe they are still working on it. The Lodge has re aimed their Wireless antennas as you can no longer get a signal at the far end of the gravel "service sites" as was the case in the past. Walking to the Lodge still works though!

Wish we could stay here for the rally.

Best,

Buck and Jeff

John, Jill says HI!

2004 Horizon 40AD
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #158
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:
--snip--
John, Jill says HI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey guys - sorry you can't stay for the rally. A big howdy to Jill

Somebody else mentioned The Lodge was going to start up breakfast for the rally a while back, so it's nice to get a confirmation.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 07-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #159
Winnebago Owner

First GNR for Chief, Sue and Shelbi. Will be in Fl row. Not sure about arrival date but will probably be early if a site can be arranged. Will definately attend the irv2 party and wouldn't miss breakfast at the Lodge although it seems there will be standing room only. Looking forward to meeting other forum members.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #160
Winnebago Owner

Live from Forest City...

The coaches are already arriving. There are area directors and National officials arriving and getting things in order.

Lunch with Jill today, and she sends hugs out to those that know her.

They have wifi in the service area now too, and unlike the rally grounds, it works! I'm guessing that they have the wifi at the rally grounds gated until the GNR begins.

Wish we could be here to meet y'all !!

Cheers,

Buck and Jeff

2004 Horizon 40AD
Closed Thread

« Set Up Video | GNR »