Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by locoengr:
We will be there, our first, in the Wa. row.
It should be interesting. Was wondering if you should arrive early, to get some work done?

Thanks, Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's our plan assuming we can get an appointment. I don't think I would want to take a chance without an appointment because they might not be able to work you in. Not having an appointment isn't a big deal other times of the year.

Glenda - good deal! Sounds like you have it under control!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

I believe that there are no prior appointments made for the weeks before GNR. You can make an appointment of sorts once you arrive. It is a Space-A type thing but they are very good about getting everyone worked on. Once your coach is being worked on they will continue til finished. Also no extended warranty work is done during GNR and I think also warranty work but keep in mind there is alot of what they call "good will" work done. Meaning no cost to you. Also there is a limit on the amount of repairs you can list per work order. However you can once again get in line if you need more done. Sounds complicated but it runs very smoothly and is totally explained in your packet you receive in the mail.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

We are signed up and will be in the NY row. Hope to see you all there.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there are no prior appointments made for the weeks before GNR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Correct.

When you get there, just drive your toad over to the factory service place and sign up for a service appt. As I recall, they call you the day before and tell you when to have your coach there. You can go by and check where they are on the list to get an idea ahead of time. You are limited to either 7 or 8 items, but as stated, you can sign up again after the first appt is done and can probably get in a second time.

Two years ago, we got there during the week before GNR for the MilWIT rally and had our appointment two days later. They had a problem with one item and I had to take it back the following day. They do a great job keeping you informed on their progress.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #45

At my count there are 62 irv2 folks already on my list. At this rate we may need to get a bigger tent!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #46
Winnebago Master

Glenda - those are great numbers and it's only January!

Thanks for the clarification on service appointments prior to GNR. It always helps when you understand the process.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #47
Administrator Emeritus

As a reminder and possibly to help facilitate easier identification of your fellow iRV2 members, we do offer a FREE iRV2 sticker for anyone who may not have one....

Click HERE to access the "sticker request" page.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #48

Good idea Bob. I just got two new ones to put on our new coach when it arrives, but I think I will get a couple more so I can make a sign to identify the location at GNR. I am also going to have "stick on" name tags so everyone can write their screen name on it to identify themselves. Bob, why don't you buy another Vectra so you can join the fun? Just a thought.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #49
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bob, why don't you buy another Vectra so you can join the fun? Just a thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those words would certainly be music to Bryan Funke's ears, now wouldn't they?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #50
Winnebago Master

Maybe the GNR is a good way to "jump start" the WIT sub forum here. It would also be nice to post state and club rallies so people traveling could stop. I just spent the last week north of Quartzsite with the WIT 365 Club. It was in the WIT magazine, but I never thought of posting on the WIT sub forum until now. The WIT sub forum would be a good tool for us to get the most out of GNR for both WIT and IRV2.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #51
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenda1908:
At my count there are 62 irv2 folks already on my list. At this rate we may need to get a bigger tent! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can add another...this will be our 6th GNR. We registered earlier than ever before but couldn't get Sec.E this time (must be a lot of folks wanting 50 Amp) so will probably be in Lower D (larger sites w/ 30 Amp).
Old 01-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #52

Okay, that makes 64 and we have 5 1/2 months to go! Kelly, we have always parked in our state row (VA) but last year we got lucky and had 50amp in our site. As you know they rotate the locations of the state rows, so don't know if we will be as lucky this year. That's okay, we only had 30 amp the first year we went, and we were fine. Used the generator alot during the day to keep the coach cool because of the dog. Someone told me they try to add additional 50 amp sites each year.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #53
Winnebago Camper

I was hoping this year would be the one that we could get out to the GNR but it will not. Wish we were joining you guys. Maybe next year. Can't wait for the DW to retire so we can travel a bit more. Hope everyone who is going have a safe trip and a great time.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #54
Winnebago Owner

Well as of this morning, you can add us to that roll call! Kenny and I will be in the California row!

This will be our very first rally of any kind! I can't wait!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #55
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
We and four of our friends (2 rigs) from our local WIT chapter will be hanging out in Section E.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #56
Administrator Emeritus

The iRV2 get together at the GNR will be easier to locate, as I am sending Glenda an official iRV2 banner to fly near the tent.
She will also have a fresh supply of iRVe stickers and handouts for those that may need them...

I've "featured" this topic to make it bold and allow it to remain on the front page.

Keep your eyes out for one of these.....
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #57
Winnie-Wise

You can add Trish and Dennis Graham to the list. We will also be bringing Gabe and Mary Robeson. We will be in California row but Trish and I will be visiting Tennessee row as we will be heading to Tennessee right after GNR. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #58

As of the morning the head count is 80
Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #59
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
The iRV2 get together at the GNR will be easier to locate, as I am sending Glenda an official iRV2 banner to fly near the tent.
She will also have a fresh supply of iRVe stickers and handouts for those that may need them...

I've "featured" this topic to make it bold and allow it to remain on the front page.--snip-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob - thanks for making the post a sticky!

I was going to bump it every couple of weeks but this way is much better!

And thanks also for sending Glenda promotional materials!

You da man

Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #60
Winnebago Owner

We will be there for about the tenth time. Will be in the Iowa section. We go from our state meeting to the GNR and get there about a week early. Lots of stuff going on and about $8.00 a night for early arrival. Come to our WinnieHawks state meeting if you are in the area before
GNR. Terry Smay

Closed Thread

« Set Up Video | GNR »