Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Stove for 2004 Journey / Meridian ....

Have the Amana 21" ALY2280ADB. Oven handle broke off a couple days ago. The burners are corroded and the handle is no longer available, so it is time to replace. It seems that each mfr has their own cut out dimensions, and since Amana is no longer in the business..... Not so good. There seems to be an atwood product that supposedly converts atwood/wedgewood to fit in the Amana/Magic Chef cut out. So maybe that is what I need to do.

But.... Has anyone found a NICE stove for this cutout? The Pizo SNAP-SNAP is headache inducing and we have been lighting with bic lighters. Seems like it wouldn't be THAT hard to make one that lit quietly. And had the feel of Quality to it?

Anyone care to share what they did? And we cook and use it alot, so convection etc aren't really interesting to us. We have gotten along with this for almost 8 years. But like to replace with something nicer.

Thanks
Alex
2004 Itasca Meridian IKP36G
AlexP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

we installed an atwood oven got it a dismantler, salvage yard it was like new it fit in the space of the amanna with just a little furing of the opening since you have a oven already should be easy swap out I had to remove drawers and move things around a little but turned out great.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Looks like you are one of the few bold ones. These stoves all have clearances on the side and underneath and behind. And the Amana does not need support from the bottom (so of course I don't have that.) Yet it appears that the Furrion and Dometic do. There seems to be a serious lack of information on how to do this safely as a retrofit. Guess I can see why many folks are hesitant to attack this themselves. Didn't think it would be so complex
AlexP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It ain;t your overthinking it
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey