Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Is it common for my Horizon DP to dump air slowly while sitting and parked? I thought it was fairly odd that the air dumps out so much so that within a day, the air level is reading only about 13 PSI on the freightliner systems display panel. I know that the bags will eventually lose their air, but this fast has me a bit concerned. You can visually see it within 24 hrs as the coach looks like it has dropped its air and is leveled out. Is this normal?

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Is it common for my Horizon DP to dump air slowly while sitting and parked? I thought it was fairly odd that the air dumps out so much so that within a day, the air level is reading only about 13 PSI on the freightliner systems display panel. I know that the bags will eventually lose their air, but this fast has me a bit concerned. You can visually see it within 24 hrs as the coach looks like it has dropped its air and is leveled out. Is this normal?

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mine will slowly loose air, but not nearly that quickly. I'm guessing it would take me maybe 10 or 14 days to get to 13 psi on the front gauge. Sounds like you have something leaking - hello Freightliner!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Trace, my 03 Horizon acts like John's coach.
Takes awhile for it to loose air. Course when parking I dump the air and put the jacks down enough to steady the coach as my spot is fairly level. As John suggested a call to Freightliner is in order...Good Miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hey Guys,

Good thing I asked about this. It's at Freightliner already as of yesterday getting the dash A/C and heating fixed. I thought it was strange because my last rig didn't do this. You can actually hear a leak when you come to a stop and turn everything off, but I just thought that might be a normal Air bleed in the system. I'll call them this morning.

Thanks

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

When you call Freightliner , ask if the warranty will cover this problem.I had an issue with air leakage and was told by Freightliner San Diego there was only a 90 day warranty for air leaks.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Tracy,

If I am parked with air dumped (always) and jacks down (always) for about 3 weeks I can see a small air loss from the pressure gauge at the air take off port behind the front panel. What I am saying is that you definitely have a problem that needds to be fixed ASAP if you can hear a leak. If the leak gets bad enough and the PSI gets down to 60 your brakes will come on automatically and stay there until they are manually released. That would not be fun in traffic.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I called Freightliner this morning and added the condition to my checklist of stuff. Good thing I got in there early it looks like. Right now, I'm within 30 days so that shouldn't be an issue.

The compressor right now is able to keep the pressure up in the system so it must be a small leak. When I park, no jacks or air dump, I can physically hear an air bleed somewhere up front. They are looking into it now and will call me later today they say.

Thanks for the quick responses. It helped alot in this case since my rig is already "on the table" so to speak.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Freightliner called me today to say my MH is ready to go. They found the air leak. Apparently, there was a bad "connection cut" at one of the fittings that is used in the dumping of the air. They re-connectorized the fitting and say now that all is well. I'm glad we caught this one.

Thanks

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD