Old 01-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

KCFDCapt some more info. Your BOMB is a RF signal switch so only works with modulated video signals. Looks like all Dish receivers have composite Video (red, white and yellow) outputs along with HDMI. Leave your HDMI cable connected the way it is, Dish receiver to TV via HDMI. Buy a composite video to modulated video converter and connect it to the Dish receiver composite video output and the modulator output to the coax going to the BOMB (this is basically what you had before the receiver and TV change) this gets modulated video (channel 3 or 4) to the BOMB and the other TV. Now the biggy getting audio from your new TV to the Sound system, this requires an audio output jack on the TV, some have it some don't. What is the model number of your TV? Look at sheet 8 of the drawings in the link below.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_156325.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

I had similar issues when I replaced the front CRT TV with a new Samsung. As we only use the front TV and sometimes the bedroom TV I deleted the BOMB.
The Traveler Sat antenna connects to a Direct TV Genie up front and via a splitter to a hardwired mini Genie in the bedroom. The Genies connect to the TVs via HDMI.
The OTA antenna connects to a splitter. The outputs of the splitter connect to a AM21N and the front and bedroom TVs. The AM21N connects to the front Genie via USB. This gives me OTA TV from the AM21N through the Direct TV Genies, or directly from the OTA antenna to the front and bedroom TVs.
The DVD player connects to the front TV via HDMI and the bedroom TV via composite outputs, I may add a dedicated DVD player to the bedroom.
My laptop computer is in a cabinet beside the front TV and connects to the TV via HDMI and I use a wireless keyboard.
With this set up everything is controlled from the Direct TV remotes.
This may sound complicated but it really is not.
I was fortunate that my 2008 Bounder has 3 coax cables running from the front entertainment cabinet to the bedroom entertainment cabinet.
This works very well for me. But if you require more than 2 TVs then keeping the BOMB may be the best solution for you.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I just bought 2 new TV's and they both have Coax in and HDMI in. I though they all came that way.
By Federal law any device sold as a TELEVISION in the United States must either be able of receiving ATSC over the air Digital TV broadcasts or be very clearly labeled to the fact it can not.

However Sat Receivers, DVR's DVD/Blue Ray players need not have Coaxial RF-out to the tv.. Many of those have only A/V, Component, HDMI, VGA or a later implementation of it or some combination of those.. NOTE NONE of those are REQUIRED on a TV.

Now a MONITOR.. Is not a televison. Today it may be very hard to tell the difference from the front. But .. There is no COAX fitting on the back. Just the assorted other inputs, or at least a selection of them.. Designed to be used with a computer or DVD/BlueRay/Sat receiver.. If I was a 100% satellite TV type (I"m a zero percent) I"d buy Monitors because why shoudl I pay for a tuner I am not going to use? Truth be known, My Main TV generally is used in "A/V Monitor" mode (Fed by a DVR's A/V out) The rear TV gets the RF feed.

And finally we have a TELEVISION/Monitor (What I have) Basically 'All of the above'

ONE brand of Television (Far as I know the only one) Does not include a QAM detector (This is the module needed for digital CABLE tv) As it is sold as a TELEVISION it can do ATSC, but not digital cable.. IT is also the ONLY television still made in the USA (Michigan to be precise) ELEMENT.

I know, sounds confusing but it really is very simple.

I also know how to bake cakes (Much harder).
Old 01-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

This seems to be the only recent b.o.m.b. thread so I'll ask here - what brand of Matrix Switch, Video Control Center or whatever we want to call it is everyone using? My coach didn't come with one and I'd like to hunt one down, one that others have experience with preferably. What brand ships with coaches?

Oh, and I have a digital TV and no Satellite.
Bringing her back to her glory.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote