Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What About the B.O.M.B

I have a 2007 Itasca Meridian 39K. I had the King Dome Satellite unit removed and a Wnnegard Travl'r installed for DishTV. The installer bypassed the B.O.M.B. (box of many buttons) that controlled the other TV cables and the speaker systems but hooked the Travl'er to the Sony TV. I replaced the big Sony TV with a flat screen Vizeo TV. I would like to know how to reconnect the B.O.M.B. so I have my other TVs and my sound system hooked to the other speakers and cable.
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I suppose it could depend on what brand B.O.M.B. you have but they are most probably all about the same. On mine there are labels on the back of the box and one says sat in; mine is connected there. The TV is connected to the one labeled out.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

One satilite tuner or two? SWM antenna system or not? Makes a big difference if we're to try and help. Picture of B.O.M.B. Too. SD or HD?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My new TV is connected to the DISH receiver via a HDMI cable. The TV is also connected to the BOMB box. Everything else is connected as it came from the factory. When I watch satellite TV I select HDMI input and when I watch cable or OTA I use the BOMB box and select TV for the input.

The rear TV still works via the BOMB for all sources.

I hope that is clear as it is hard to describe.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I just installed a new Visio that had no coax connections at all. I found adapters on Ebay that convert component cables to coax and then tied that into the "bomb" for the other tv's in the coach. I used hdmi connection from our two dual tuner boxes to supply the main tv and switch inputs or sources to select.

Good luck,
Dave
Old 01-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My BOMB s coax and my TV output is HDMI only... Hence the issue.
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFDCapt View Post
My BOMB s coax and my TV output is HDMI only... Hence the issue.
I just bought 2 new TV's and they both have Coax in and HDMI in. I though they all came that way.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I would pull the BOMB out, hook your source from the dish to the BOMB & the "out" source back to the receiver. Then your receiver should have a HDMI out to TV & your hook that back to the TV. You should also have a coax box near the receiver you use! There is one in my TV cabinet, my receiver is using this coax box & the BOMB.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

If the TV is brand new, and does not have a cable TV input, maybe it would be easier to return the TV and buy a different one with a coax/cable input along with HDMI and component, etc. That might be easier to do.

BUT, then you'd need to change the satellite to a cable input into your B.O.M.B. Will it do that?

If you could tell us exactly what outputs and inputs are available on the satellite, BOMB and TV, and pictures of said connecters, that would make it much easier to help.
RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Old TV connections

This may or may not apply! When you removed your old analog TV, did it have a pair of wires that just came out of the back of the case, With RCA connectors on the ends that plugged into a set of wires? The reason for this question is that you mentioned a sound problem and speakers not working. If you had these wires it had nothing to do with the BOMB. IF THIS IS THE CASE I WILL EXPLAIN IN A LATER EXPLANATION. PM me with an email address.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Coax

Coax from satellite out to the BOMB, Coax from BOMB output to TV input.
TV HDMI to other components (DVD etc)
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

The ANT cable from the Main TV goes to the MAIN TV out on the BOMB
THe "To TV' coax on the Sat Receiver, IF IT EXISTS goes to teh SAT TV in on the Bomb
You may need to find a cable to yoru rear TV (may be hooked to a splitter on the sat cable output) but well.

That is all.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

You can download the wiring diagram for your MH from the Winnebago website. Each coax cable has a color coded tape on it (gold, red, green, etc.). The back of the BOMB is clearly labeled. The wiring diagram will show where each coax goes, including splitters.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFDCapt View Post
I have a 2007 Itasca Meridian 39K. I had the King Dome Satellite unit removed and a Wnnegard Travl'r installed for DishTV. The installer bypassed the B.O.M.B. (box of many buttons) that controlled the other TV cables and the speaker systems but hooked the Travl'er to the Sony TV. I replaced the big Sony TV with a flat screen Vizeo TV. I would like to know how to reconnect the B.O.M.B. so I have my other TVs and my sound system hooked to the other speakers and cable.
Your BOMB is an analog device so it cannot be in the video circuit between the Traveler and the tv. I have the same setup and was able to connect the stereo to the outputs on the tv. I was also able to connect the BOMB coax to the input on the tv so it is still connected to the bat wing.

So, there should be other input and output connections on the back of the tv to connect to the stereo and the Bat wing antennae.

Send me a PM and I can talk you through how my setup works.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

KCFDCapt some more info. Your BOMB is a RF signal switch so only works with modulated video signals. Looks like all Dish receivers have composite Video (red, white and yellow) outputs along with HDMI. Leave your HDMI cable connected the way it is, Dish receiver to TV via HDMI. Buy a composite video to modulated video converter and connect it to the Dish receiver composite video output and the modulator output to the coax going to the BOMB (this is basically what you had before the receiver and TV change) this gets modulated video (channel 3 or 4) to the BOMB and the other TV. Now the biggy getting audio from your new TV to the Sound system, this requires an audio output jack on the TV, some have it some don't. What is the model number of your TV? Look at sheet 8 of the drawings in the link below.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_156325.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

I had similar issues when I replaced the front CRT TV with a new Samsung. As we only use the front TV and sometimes the bedroom TV I deleted the BOMB.
The Traveler Sat antenna connects to a Direct TV Genie up front and via a splitter to a hardwired mini Genie in the bedroom. The Genies connect to the TVs via HDMI.
The OTA antenna connects to a splitter. The outputs of the splitter connect to a AM21N and the front and bedroom TVs. The AM21N connects to the front Genie via USB. This gives me OTA TV from the AM21N through the Direct TV Genies, or directly from the OTA antenna to the front and bedroom TVs.
The DVD player connects to the front TV via HDMI and the bedroom TV via composite outputs, I may add a dedicated DVD player to the bedroom.
My laptop computer is in a cabinet beside the front TV and connects to the TV via HDMI and I use a wireless keyboard.
With this set up everything is controlled from the Direct TV remotes.
This may sound complicated but it really is not.
I was fortunate that my 2008 Bounder has 3 coax cables running from the front entertainment cabinet to the bedroom entertainment cabinet.
This works very well for me. But if you require more than 2 TVs then keeping the BOMB may be the best solution for you.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I just bought 2 new TV's and they both have Coax in and HDMI in. I though they all came that way.
By Federal law any device sold as a TELEVISION in the United States must either be able of receiving ATSC over the air Digital TV broadcasts or be very clearly labeled to the fact it can not.

However Sat Receivers, DVR's DVD/Blue Ray players need not have Coaxial RF-out to the tv.. Many of those have only A/V, Component, HDMI, VGA or a later implementation of it or some combination of those.. NOTE NONE of those are REQUIRED on a TV.

Now a MONITOR.. Is not a televison. Today it may be very hard to tell the difference from the front. But .. There is no COAX fitting on the back. Just the assorted other inputs, or at least a selection of them.. Designed to be used with a computer or DVD/BlueRay/Sat receiver.. If I was a 100% satellite TV type (I"m a zero percent) I"d buy Monitors because why shoudl I pay for a tuner I am not going to use? Truth be known, My Main TV generally is used in "A/V Monitor" mode (Fed by a DVR's A/V out) The rear TV gets the RF feed.

And finally we have a TELEVISION/Monitor (What I have) Basically 'All of the above'

ONE brand of Television (Far as I know the only one) Does not include a QAM detector (This is the module needed for digital CABLE tv) As it is sold as a TELEVISION it can do ATSC, but not digital cable.. IT is also the ONLY television still made in the USA (Michigan to be precise) ELEMENT.

I know, sounds confusing but it really is very simple.

I also know how to bake cakes (Much harder).
Old 01-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

This seems to be the only recent b.o.m.b. thread so I'll ask here - what brand of Matrix Switch, Video Control Center or whatever we want to call it is everyone using? My coach didn't come with one and I'd like to hunt one down, one that others have experience with preferably. What brand ships with coaches?

Oh, and I have a digital TV and no Satellite.
Bringing her back to her glory.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote