Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

They must be figuring that residential fridge as a $15K addition?
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Good thread. I am trying to learn the basic differences between the Outlook and the Minnie and it seems that I'm reading that the Outlook is a lower quality unit? Not even wired for solar? Why is the MSRP the same as the tried and true Minnie?
Bhfromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #23
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

Bhfromme, I suggest that you go out and look at both the Minnie Winnie and the Outlook. Some dealers carry them both. As I have posted further up this thread, the differences are striking between the two for what the MW has and the Outlook does not. It's really surprising just why Winnebago brought out this model with the fewer features for about the same price. It really doesn't make sense.
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfflyer View Post
When I had the opportunity to upgrade, I looked at four manufacturers product that was what I wanted, a 24 foot with the queen sized bed on a slide out. I looked at the pros and cons of each on and ended up with the 2018 Minnie Winnie 22M, that I felt was by far the best designed and appointed of the four. (The others were Jayco, Thor and Forest River.) When I saw that Winnebago came out with a new model, the Outlook, I went to my dealer to look at it to compare. Everything that made my Minnie Winnie superior to the other models I looked at were all missing from the Outlook. The glass door of the shower was a curtain in the Outlook. One of the cross ventilation windows in the slideout was gone. The shelf over the bed was gone. The shelf over the door was gone, replaced by little hooks. It was a major decline in appointments comparing the two. And the formed cabover nosepiece was gone. If this Outlook had been the only model available when I was looking, I’d have never bought it.

And I didn’t realize at the time I looked at the Outlook it had a residential refrigerator that would have immediately been a rejection. It’s important for you to look at what kind of camping you’ll be doing to see if a compressor refrigerator will work for you or not. For me, absolutely no. I have only used hookups of any sort while camping once in the past 20 years of RV use. I rely on my batteries and propane, as I can be parked in one spot for six or eight days, and I can stay there just fine with careful use of electricity and water. And the capacities on my MW 22M are impressive - 40 gallons of fresh water, 40 gallons of sewage and 45 gallons of grey water. I’m extraordiarily happy with my new rig.
That 22M is an outstanding little Class C if one can accept a slideout ... it's too bad Winnebago doesn't also offer a non-slide version of it. It's especially a great off-highway drycamping rig if one orders it on the optional E450 chassis for additional ruggedness.

The 22M reminds me of our Itasca 24V on an E450 chassis - the differences being we do not have a slide and we have a swivel/slide lounge chair that's possible due to our 24V's slightly longer length. We sometimes use ours off-highway out looking for rocks.

Enjoy you 22M!
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #25
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

A non slide version of the 22M doesn’t make logical sense. You need that slide in order to get a short queen sized bed with access on either side. I suppose one could be built with bunks there and no need the slide out. For us, the ability for either of us to get out of the bed especially at night to use the bathroom was paramount, and what sold us on the rig.

And not to worry about going off of the highway. I’ve used hookups one time in 20 years, and many times, I’m not even on pavement!
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I hear ya on each person being able to get out of the bed on their side!

The DW has a bad back, so she needs the entire rear corner queen bed to move around on when sleeping in our Itasca old-school 24V floorplan. I use the overhead cab queen bed for sleeping ... so we each have a queen bed to use.

Our E450's cab floor is about 4 inches lower than the coach floor, so having spin-around cab seats for lounging will not work. But that floor height differential does give us multiple large storage cabinets around the outside perimeter of the coach. We have to settle for a lounge chair for only one of us to use at any given time, but it works out well enough since we're not full-timers.

For some "strange marketing" reason, Winnebago no longer offers a non-slide 24V floor plan on the Ford E350/E450 chassis. Later model 24V owners now have to settle for small engines, a slide, and probably less total outside storage ... but I think that they may be getting spin-around cab chairs for lounging as a tradeoff.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #27
Happily Retired

From what I can see, the major differences between the minnows an$the outlooks come in the categories of space and appointments. First, the refrigerators are different. The Minnie has a gas/electric (not sure if it’s 2 way or 3 way), the outlook has a 120v refrigerator, along with the required inverter. The roof of the Minnie is fiberglass, the outlook tpo. The Minnie has more exterior storage, but less black and grey holding tank capacity but more fresh water. The outlook has no porch light, but the awning light works for that. According to Winnebago, they use Azdel on all their products, so that’s the same. The in cab entertainment system in the outlook is pretty basic with no upgrade offered. The Minnie offers several upgrade packages, the outlook none. The outlook has no dvd or in coach entertainment system. I’m sure there are more, but these are the ones that jumped out at me from my look at the brochures and my experience with my own outlook 25j.

According to Winnebago, the starting msrp for the Minnie is $96,977, the Outlook $85,333 - a difference of $11,644 or about 13.5% higher.
tjwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

I think the new Furrion Arctic 12V compressor fridge will do what I want. Made specifically for RV use, very efficient so boondocking with a good battery bank will work. BEST yet this 10 plus CF is a direct replacement for a 8CF 2 way fridge. No cabinet work, pull the 2 way dinosaur out and slide in a safe modern fridge. The Furrion Arctic is actually about a 1/3 less money than a 2 way.
Would there be any market for a brand new 2 way fridge when the day finally comes and my wife finally retires?
The compressor fridges are starting to show up in more and more different product lines. Hopefully someday all manufacturers at least offer them as a option.
https://furrion.com/products/furrion...hoCoMUQAvD_BwE
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

My brother would buy a 2way fridge used, in a second and trade his residential out of his intent, we camp we dont go park to park, so the domestic fridge is a bad idea for us, if you use your rv as an apartment residential is great, if you boondock not so much..
Old 01-09-2020, 11:56 PM   #30
Site Team

The Minnie Winnie 22M can be ordered with an E-450 chassis, while the Outlook 22C is only available with the E-350 chassis. The additional cargo capacity and augmented stability are an option well worth having.