Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
bkg
Winnebago Owner

New member - new RV

Greetings, we are new owners of a 2019 Winnebago View 24V (really it's a 2018 -1/2 but .....).
I've been lurking on this forum for a while - just checking out everything Winnebago View/Navion wise. Now that we are official owners I felt it was time to "participate".

We came from a Forest River Forester Class C that was a total loss a couple years ago in a flood. We are finally getting back on our feet and time to get into RVing again.

The "we" is my wife and myself and our 17 old son that will soon be 2019 graduate with his future plans set to joining the Air Force. We also have a 4 legged daughter (Border Collie - rescue dog) that really believes she is human - that is until another dog passes the front yard.

No immediate plans for a trip in the new View. I always "tweak" my RVs and the View won't be any different. So, I should have some time to consider an upgrade or two before our first outing. Therefore, I will be posting questions in the near future on Sprinter 3500 specific upgrades.

Cheers!
bkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Congrats and welcome!
Heyheyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg View Post
Greetings, we are new owners of a 2019 Winnebago View 24V (really it's a 2018 -1/2 but .....).
I've been lurking on this forum for a while - just checking out everything Winnebago View/Navion wise. Now that we are official owners I felt it was time to "participate".

We came from a Forest River Forester Class C that was a total loss a couple years ago in a flood. We are finally getting back on our feet and time to get into RVing again.

The "we" is my wife and myself and our 17 old son that will soon be 2019 graduate with his future plans set to joining the Air Force. We also have a 4 legged daughter (Border Collie - rescue dog) that really believes she is human - that is until another dog passes the front yard.

No immediate plans for a trip in the new View. I always "tweak" my RVs and the View won't be any different. So, I should have some time to consider an upgrade or two before our first outing. Therefore, I will be posting questions in the near future on Sprinter 3500 specific upgrades.

Cheers!
Congratulations on your new RV and welcome to this forum. Am looking forward to your future posts.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Welcome to the page and back into RVing, Glad to hear your son is going to serve, I did 20 in the US Navy
Koja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
Just Ama

Sorry to hear about your RV being flooded and a total loss.
Happy to hear about your new RV and you being able to get back to doing what you love doing.
Congratulations on your son joining the Air Force. Tell him Thanks for his upcoming Service to our Beloved Country.
And finally... welcome to this Forum.. it's the best when it comes to getting great suggestions.
Happy RVing..
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Congrats on getting back into RVing. We had an older TT that was destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and it took until last year for us to get back to RVing. Love it!!!

I did 23 years in the Air Force. If your son hasn't settled on a particular job yet, I suggest air traffic control. Yes its a challenging job, but under the right circumstances it could lead to a well-paying job with the FAA. (And you don't have to be on the flightline in lousy weather!)
Old 11-15-2018, 05:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Rv flood insurance

BKG.
Did you have special stand alone flood insurance or did your normal RV casualty policy cover flooding?
pine tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #8
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine tree View Post
BKG.
Did you have special stand alone flood insurance or did your normal RV casualty policy cover flooding?
Our regular insurance covered it but not fully. Flood is one of those disasters that doesn't completely cover content loss - they only gave $250 claim check for contents.
We were also supposed to get replacement value - we didn't. We received depreciated adjusted appraised value. A long story and glad to get this event behind us and get back into RVing.

Tags