Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hydraulic leveling system not extending

Have a Class A diesel pusher with self leveling hydraulic system. When I activate the system, I hear the pump working but the leveling arms/feet do not extend, not even an inch. I checked to see if I had fluid and there appears to be plenty. It's a 2006 motorhome and individual I purchased from said he rarely used the leveling system. Any suggestions? Was told they may be stuck and to give them a few good whacks with hammer, although I wonder why not even one of the 4 levelers will move. Is there any type of scheduled maintenance, like lubricating the system? Should the hydraulic fluid be replaced at specific intervals?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Please send response to [email protected].

Thanks...Dan
dirtfeetdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
just a thought...is this the first time you've used tge jacks? if so i wonder if the hydraulic solonoids are either open or malfunctioning? check your owner's manual or schematic for their location and check to be sure they are closed. can't imagine why they'd be open but if they are the hydraulic lines to the jacks will not pressurize. that could explain why your jacks are not working even though your fluid tank is full.

alternatively a more likely reason is a leak so i'd also check for fluid puddles inside your storage compartments and under/around your coach.

PM? just be sure the reservoir tank is full and that the jack shafts are clean per mfgs's recommendations.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Do your slides work? I believe a 2006 Journey should have HWH slides and jacks--and the same hydraulic pump/system is used for both.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Chris,

Appreciate reply. Yes, slides appear to be tied into same system and the slides work just fine.

Thanks again...Dan
Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Rich,

Thank for response. Reservoir is full. Will check jacks and solenoids.

Dan
Old 01-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On mine certain steps need to be taken. Always emergency brake on. shifter in park ect
1953Tbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, leveling