Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
iRV2 Marketing

The Winnebago Adventurer is a great product and I highly recommend it.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

We have the 38T from '06 and have found it to be a really nice coach. For a gasser, you are at the high-end and there really isn't much that can compare (especially with the multiple floorplans offered).

The basement air is far superior to ceiling and is another reason why we went with Winnie. The noise of the overhead is just too much for me as I am deaf in one ear. The finishing is very good and comfortable.

I am trying to think what Winnie could improve on with this model:
- provide air horns (shouldn't have to go after-market)
- insulate doghouse more (again shouldn't have to do after-market)

I know there are a few more things that I could think of but overall these are minor compared to the quality of the coach. The horns bug me because the wimpy horn they provide just doesn't make sense. Have the dealer install them for you as a 'freebie' which is something I should have done if I was more knowledgeable of RV's at the time.

If you want to chat about the Adventurer, feel free to PM me. As an afterthought, we love the 38T floorplan and it works excellent with my wife and 3 dogs.

Kyle

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to everyone for their input! You guys & gals are awesome. After visits to multiple dealers to see floorplans & colors, were going with a 38J, Dusk exterior, Cocoa Pecan interior, Ultra leather, Z Package, etc.

Now, it's in the dealers' hands. A local South Kersey dealer, one in eastern PA, and Lazy Dayz (roadtrip) (I hafta admit, I'm a little afraid of going so far to buy a coach)

To everyone....Thanks again!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your new MH. Hope it arrives soon and you can start enjoying it.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:48 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Good morning to all of you. I have enjoyed reading these posts. My husband and I have just become the proud owners of a 2008 37GL Adventurer LE. It was at a price that we just couldn't refuse! Were previously looking at the Suncruiser, Sunrise and Newmars, but I think we got more bang for our buck with this one. It seems everyone's pretty happy with their Adventurers. Our new one is a gas pusher. Anyone with experience on that? The inside color is cocoa pecan but it's not ultra leather like we wanted. However, for the price we're willing to settle. We pick it up next Saturday. Any suggestions on things I should ask for even though it maybe too late? Anyone have the automatic wind sensors for the awnings? Input? Thanks so much and sorry for the length!! Sincerely, Naomi
Naomi Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

What's a 2008 37GL Adventurer LE, I never saw a model number of a Winnebago Adventurer like this? It's not on the Winnebago WEB site. Are you sure it's a Winny?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:11 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like a "Destination 37G"!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Yep, it's a limited edition. the floor plan is 37GL and you're right, I don't think it's listed on the Winnebago website.
There's a link on the forum entitled "RE: 2008 Adventurer Limited Edition-here's the PDF file I spoke about..." and it shows the floor plan and gives the standards, etc. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

oops! Sorry about that Naomi, I went back to the Winny site and found it. Looks great! Good Luck we wish you luck!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Hey no worries, BBop. We didn't actually see the inside of this particular coach-but saw it online- though we've seen plenty of the Adventurers to know we liked it. I'm a little uneasy about that fact-not seeing the inside. But as my hubby says, if we don't like it, we can always trade it in right away!! Bite your tongue, I told him!!!!! Just trying to figure out the bathroom area, but I'm thinking, I'm hoping it'll be perfect! From reading the other posts, it sounds like it's a pretty good coach.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Naomi Best of luck with your new Adventurer Limited. I am sure you will enjoy many happy miles and adventures. It really is a nice floor plan

Please stop by the WorkHorse Chassis forum and keep us advised of your experiences and check others who have the WorkHorse UFO, rear gas chassis
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

My Voyage 38J is just as good as an Adventurer. My opinion of course! In fact, I can't see much difference. After my 2000 35U, I didn't think anything could beat it,but this one does.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

We presently have a 2005 Adventurer 38G. We are very pleased with this MH. It rides very smooth, and is easy to drive. The basement air gets a good workout here in Southern Calif, and in our many visits to kids in Las Vegas. All the door seal tight, storage is adequate. The Workhorse has a very small dog house in front, allowing easy access for my wife and I, both with bad knees. MPG seldom reaches 8mp, even at 55mph. But we seldom run a long flat road. Our only real complaint is the rear closet, with receives too much play on the road, so clothing is costantly thrown off hangers, and the doors need adjusting on the track (easy enough, but still one more chore) I understand Winnebago has gotten away from the rear closet. I would, and probably will, get another Adventurer when we decide to trade.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Hi. New owner Naomi here. We pick up our rig on Saturday. Can't hardly wait. Maybe one of you experts can give me some direction here. There are so many different forums and I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing with this. Where do I go to get the latest information on my new Adventurer 37GL Limited Edition? And my neighbor mentioned that there are live winnebago chat nights where a rep from winnebago actually is online chatting with you. Where do I find that? So tell me, please, where to go, in a gentle way please, to get the latest updates/issues/concerns with my new rig. Thanks so much! Naomi
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

We are full timing in a 2007 Adventurer, now close to 15,000 miles and we are loving it. A few minor problems -- the main being a slide issue, but were going through Iowa and a stop at Forest City took care of everything. The basement air does rob storage space, however. Ours is a 35A; the opposing slide provide a huge amount of interior space. We are actually getting better gas mileage than our previous Sighseer that was 30' long. Can't go wrong with this rig!
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #36
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [snip]....live winnebago chat nights where a rep from winnebago actually is online chatting with you. Where do I find that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naomi:

The Winnebago chat is on Tuesday's, 9:00 PM Eastern. Click on the "Go" button in the upper left corner of the IRV2 Winnebago page; a drop down menu appears; select Chat Rooms; then select Winnebago Chat.

There may not be a Winny rep per se, but the folks there have an great amounts of expertise.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Naomi Bryan:
Good morning to all of you. I have enjoyed reading these posts. My husband and I have just become the proud owners of a 2008 37GL Adventurer LE..... Sincerely, Naomi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naomi;

Congratulations on your new Adventure LE. Is that on a Workhorse UFO Chassis? In my opinion you deserve some Winnebago Karma. Just say yes and we will see you get it.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #38
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Finhawk:
My Voyage 38J is just as good as an Adventurer.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finhawk;

I notice you don't have any Winnebago Karma either. If you would like some just ask? It is free.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Yes, karma is good. karma is good. we'll take it! now for the next question; who has satellite service on their RV and from whom did you get AND do you also have it at your home? I just called Dish and they don't provide satellite to motor homes so you have to get the service at your house, which we don't want, and then the guy said you can take the receiver with you and then just set it up. Thoughts?
thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

oops, forgot to answer you don, yes it's on a workhorse chassis. that good?