Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Sony Rear Camera Inop

Just reviewed other rear cam threads, but no luck on applicability to my problem. Ream cam went inop when I turned On the Aux (floor) heater blower (the motor was binding) & blew a fuse somewhere. Cannot find the Floor Blower fuse. Maybe the Rear Cam is on the same fuse (?)

Checked the Rear Cam in-line fuse (cylindrical, 125V, 2.5Amp) & it APPEARS ok.

Anyone know where the Floor Aux Htr fuse is? I checked the various suspects beneath the dash & on the firewall. All ok. But there are some 30A fuses that cannot be verified visually (encased in metal).

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just a guess....could it be in the panel where your 12v house pop out circuit breakers are...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Movin':
Thks, I did not look there (Duh!) but will when it comes out of the shop (again!) for different work.

I'm still at a loss as to why the rear view cam quit; it's 120V, right? Maybe I'll R&R the fuse anyway (which says on it: 125V, 2.5A).

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Your rear view camera is 12v...When your driving down the road it works without ac power yes....That fuse is probably rated at 120v but can be used for 12v...My camera breaker in my 02 Horizon is in the 12v house panel where I suggested you look in yours...Hope this helps...
Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

What was I thinking!!?? Of course it's 12V.

Checked the House 12V C/B's & all are In----I think. They have ceramic tips; do the tips pop out; or the whole CB? How does one reset them?

Now I am at another loss as to where the Floor Blower fuse/CB is. What next??!! Exasperating!

Thudman

Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Yes...they just pop out so just push in to reset...
Old 10-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hmmm. None are popped. Does your CB specifically say Rear Camera, or something else? Maybe a fuse somewhere (?). I'll go buy a new in-line fuse (125V, 2.5A) tomorrow & try that. Do you think the Rear Cam & Floor Blower are on the same fuse/CB?

Thudman

Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudman View Post
I'll go buy a new in-line fuse (125V, 2.5A) tomorrow & try thatThudman
It's easy to check a fuse to see if it's bad... you just check for continuity. The filament in a fuse burns through when overloaded, just like cutting a wire... no continuity.

Check a fuse with a VOM (for continuity) or small lightbulb and battery will work. Put the fuse in line with the bulb and battery. If it lights, the fuse is good; if not, it's bad.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

If I remember correctly, the fuse is under the lift up dash. I had the same problem with my 03 Adventurer when I had it. I think the fuse is a 15 amp and is on the same circuit with both the camera and blower.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Young Snipe, I'll look for the fuse tomorrow. Right now it's dark & I'm having an adult beverage. To add to my woes, it seems the Charging Solenoid is inop. Just put another one in a few months ago. The house batt's charge on Shore Pwr & Gen, but not w/engine running. I'll get 'nother one from Lichtsinn when I return from this Svc Ctr @ Tom Johnson, Marion, NC.

They also did my 51101-C recall; and installed NEW (R-410A) Basement A/C. So far I'm VERY pleased w/their work and pricing.

Thudman

Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

The 15A fuse was labeled STEP ALARM Why didn't I think of that? BTW, it was also the LAST fuse I pulled (I pulled them all, one at a time). I think the Floor Heat Blower Motor is also on that circuit.

Thudman

Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thudmeister,

Glad you found it, go figure how it was labled. I put a piece of tape with a note to myself on the fuse so I could find it again, seems my memory is very forgetful.

Every now and then the heater blower squirrel cage would shift around and blow the fuse and both the blower and rear camera would go out. You'd thing they'd be on different circuits, but then that's way too much common sense...

I did change the charging solenoid on my Adventurer and had to do it on my Journey, too. Seems Winne uses a way undersized one. If it fails again I'll go to a much heavier duty solenoid.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snipe View Post
Thudmeister,

If it fails again I'll go to a much heavier duty solenoid.
How heavy? Gimme a hint. Can I get at NAPA or Advance Auto?

Thudman

Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

FYI, the Charging Solenoid was not bad. When the 15A fuse STEP ALARM (under the dash) was replaced, the house batteries were charged when running the engine. With the blown fuse, the house batts would not charge (except Gen/Shore pwr). So if your Rear Camera is inop, R&R the 15A fuse before changing the Charging Solenoid.

Strange wiring.

Thudman