Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Powerline Monitor System

Can anyone give me the password for the service screen on the Intellitec Power Management System? At one time, I had it, but I've misplaced it.

Thanks

W8RLM - Bob
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RLM View Post
Can anyone give me the password for the service screen on the Intellitec Power Management System? At one time, I had it, but I've misplaced it.
W8RLM - Bob, Get a hold of Dale Sumner from the Mobile RV Medic.

Dale is attending the 10th Anniversary celebration here in Myrtle Beach this October.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Driver,

I'll try and contact him. By the way, I meant to ask for the service code for the Freightliner Engine Monitor - not the Power Line System. My mistake - trying to do too many things at once.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It won't do you any good to reach Powerline or Intellitech or what ever their name is. They will not give ANY tech support for their products and refer you to an over priced jerk named Victor who will talk, not answer, to you about your problem at $15 for the first minute and then $3/min after that. Don't waste your time. Do these people that make our equipment think we are idiots? Do they not think we can go somewhere else? Service? Hell no.
inspectorudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I did contact Intellitec, and the customer service personnel or technical support - not sure of which group I contacted did help me understand what happened to my system. They had used some surface mount resistors in parallel, and they couldn't handle the current draw and burned out. They would not tell me what the ohmic value of the resistors were, and I had to order a new module that went in the AC circuit breaker box. Replacing it wasn't much of a problem, as long as I remembered to label the unmarked black wires going to the terminal strip and made sure that all of the power was off - inverter and shore power.

I noticed that the new board had higher wattage resistors, and a capacitor that had been mounted with an adhesive to the old board was not permanently mounted in the new board.

The problem was solved, but the replacement board was expensive.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
If they used undersized components, why didn't they replace it at their cost instead of yours?
Old 07-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

They wouldn't admit that the resistors were undersized - even after I pointed out that the replacement board had larger resistors.

The board was out of warranty, so with the above information, they declined to pay.

W8RLM - Bob