Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Basement AC problem

Developed a problem todays with the basement ac. Came back after a few hours away to find inside hot and AC off. Found "ac circuit 1“ breaker tripped. Reset it and turned AC off and back on. When it tried to start, the breaker again immediately tripped. My digital line meter briefly indicated "ground fault" as the breaker tripped. I disconnect from shore power and started the enerator to try again. When the AC tried to start it killed the generator. Neither compressor nor outside blower starts. In side blower will run if switched to "on". I opened the ac unit up and found some heat damage and oil on what the Svc manual identifies as the "fan capacitor". Also noted some points on the circuit board that appear to be browned from heat, though no other damage apparent.

I got a list of local certified service locations, but most/all likely closed for the weekend at this point. Any suggestions on where to get parts/capacitors in Ft Worth area?