Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Another blower high speed only post!

My 2005 Meridian 39K has the high speed only problem with the auto A/C.

I went to ford and purchased the resistor pcak P/N 4C2Z19A706AA and installed it. This did not fix the problem. I'm thinking maybe the fan control switch as the system works fine except for the fan speed control.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

Anyone happen to know the part number ot the switch?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Wish I could help you! I have spent many hours tracing fuses, Solenoids and had the dash pulled out three time to see if the switch had a loose connector or wires! With the key on, I used a test light to all points in the resister connector. Nothing! I have tried everything that several suggested! I cant get a peep out of the Blower! it was working fine and sounded fine! Your luck if you have high speed! I would get all excited to just have that! Not that I wouldnt try for more! Men are like that Huh? Let me know if you find an answer! allegro5>>> [email protected] Dynasty
allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Earl - just to right of the resistor pack is a relay. This relay supplies power to the resistor pack. I had identical symptoms and it was the relay. You don't need a part number for it - it's a very common relay. Just pull it out and take to NAPA or any auto parts store and they can fix you up...

There is a separate relay for high speed. When you have high speed only it's either the resistor pack or the low speed relay right beside it.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had simular problem. Found that my resistor was motorcraft, and discontinued. Winne parts have a supply at 35.00 price tag. I tried to find the post that shows a simple repair [I think it was Ding-a-ling. Radio Shack has the part#270-1320 just solder it next to the bad one. You need to use an alligator clip with a wire on it to disipate the heat. I hope someone will chime in, cause somewhere on this forum is instructions and pictures. It was an easy fix[even for me]. The resistor was only a couple bucks as I recall. My resistor is on pass side on the heat a/c duct two screws plus sealant to remove. Not sure if my being gas eng would be different.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Fuse diode

I picked up the tempature fuse diode when I was in Fry's in California last week at work. (I live in Florida) I went to the local Ford dealer and picked up a new resistor (the number in the first post is the current and correct Ford part) and replaced it, NaDa. I wanted the repaired part as a spare.

I'll pull the relay out in the morning and get a replacement and let you know if that fixes the problem.
I woundered about it when I saw it in the wiring diagram for the coach (and in the coach), but, I didn't see the resistor in the diagram, and that may be why everyone is having trouble with this. If it doesn't show up between the relay and the fan motor, how do you know to check it?

Thanks Tom for the info on the relay.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Relay

Well went out and purchased relay P/N R3074Z FOR $11.95 and installed it.

Fan blows at 4 differant speeds therefor, its fixed.

Thanks Tom.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hi Guys:

Where do I find this relay? Any pictures? My fan only blows on high also.

Regards... Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Relay

It's located just to the inside (towards center of coach) of the resistor and is attached by a screw. Mine was a black case with Bosh written on top. It has 5 posts. I purchased my new relay from Advanced Auto, but any auto supplyer shopuld have on as they are a common unit.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Earl:

I am a dummy when it comes to electrail. Is this relay located under the dash? Panel someplace? Under the coach? Fuse panel, breaker panel..???

Regards... Jim P.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Dear DC8Cappie, or whom ever! Please be more descriptive and tell us just where the relay is! We know what a Bosh 5 pin looks like, but exactly where? I and no doubt others cant find it! Not many are into reading a electrical drawing! It would be a hell of a service to find a fix for the blower problem! allegro5 [email protected]
Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Rude But I'll Reply

Allergo5, Rude people, that must yell, can dig a hole in the ground, crawl in and pull the dirt in behind then and never reappear as far as I'm conserned, and what's this "WHOEVER YOU ARE ****!"

I assumed that someone that had gotten to the point of looking for the relay had already changed the resistor and therefore knew where it was, which had been in several other post. How do you think I found it.

The relay is located in the front of the coach in the left (as looking at the coach (passengers side)) of the generator compartment looking left.

Attached (I hope) are 6 photos showing where to look and the relay itself. I hope this helps everyone.

Next time I'lltry not to assume that people have done anything and are starting from nothing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig.3.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	4826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig.4a.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4827  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig.5.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	4828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig.6.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	4829  

Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I apologize if I offended anyone in the last post.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

dc8cappie:

Thanks you very much for the pictures... NOW I know where the damn thing is...LOL

Regards... Jim P.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Dear Mr. DC8Crappie, I have no clue what you were smokin when you answered a simple request? Its easy to get tough on a Key Board! Had you not desided to just FLAME someone, you would have had the smarts to understand how many people have spent many hours tring to fix a problem! Your post just about said> Its in there some where, look for it!!! A tad of better description would have been wonderful and smarter! How ever, I have no such device in my front firewall!! I do thank you for finnaly have the sense to show, but a simple discription would have been fine! Next time you think of digging a hole, drag me in with you, and see who comes out well! Those of the many, that have had a hell of a time fixing the issue, are like me, anxious to find the problem, and that was all I asked of you! NO Hard feelings, but can the flaming, you might get burned! Allegro5
Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

If people would just be courteous to others that are only trying to help them it would be real nice. If the explanation they see doesn't answer their question then just ask politely for more information they would get what they need if the person has that information. Getting short just because they don't get what they want or need right away is no reason to get upset at the person who is nice enough to be trying to give someone help. All I ask is that the next time if the information provided isn't sufficient, be courteous and ask for more details. A little courtesy goes a long way. I hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

your on track i was wondering where it was going
pictures were great
dave
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

To DC8Cappie, I was assuming we were all adults here, and not for a second did I intend not to be courteous Had I have known I had to speak so softly, I would have had my little girl write it! I meant no fowel at all! Excuse me! But it wasnt a reason to start calling names over! That being said, the pictures were great! Yet you said in your first description, that the relay was black and the picture in fact shows it white! Also, the pic doesnt look anything like my Dynasty! As I said, there ar alot of the problems with these blowers not working, and it can get pretty intense trying to find the problem! I have had many try to help, but non of it was the problem! I have pulled the black part of the dash- instrment pannel as far out as I dared to! Thats the magnatude of the problem! Its not for the faint of heart! Still I am, sorry if I hurt your feelings, and thanks for the flicks. allegro5 PS Please excuse my spelling
Old 07-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Allegro5. Turn off the bold lettering in your posts, and maybe it would not come across as being offensive.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Hi Guys:

Just letting you know I went over to the coach today. I found the illusive relay right where dc8cappie pictures said it would be and removed it. I got one at American Auto Stores for $8.00

I will install maybe later on today. I also removed yet ANOTHER broken blind. I ordered one of the new MCD shades to try them out. At $250.00 a crack, they ain't cheap. But I just can't stand fixing these !@#$%^&*() blinds all the time.

I have broken 3 blinds in 5 months, and yes I can reapir them myself. What a PIA...

Regards... Jim P.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Well went over and installed the relay. Started my Jenny and turned on the air. At first I thought it didn't work. But I had the DW with me and she said she can HEAR a difference between the high and low speed. It is verry suttle to say the least.????

All I have is a high and low speed on my panel. Is the difference in air speed that suttle on your Winnies's from low to high?

REgards... Jim P.