Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner
 
lwasouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 176
Taillight replacement

I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon. Thanks to this sight I was able to find and purchase the proper replacement headlights, what a wonderful improvement. I now notice I have a tail light that leaks and holds water. Can anyone tell me what vehicle Winnebago got the taillight from for my vehicle? The head lights came from an 04 Nisson Pathfinder. They were available in dull aluminum or chrome background. I found them new for $53.00 for the pair.You can imagine what Winnebago would want.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper
 
Craig_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huson, MT
Posts: 8
If you examine the tail light lens you should find a "DOT" number and possibly even a manufacturer trademark. You can try plugging the "DOT" number into Google search and it might just return the year and make of the original vehicle it was designed for. Here is a link that also may help.

https://sites.google.com/site/guidetotaillightcodes/
__________________
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon. Thanks to this sight I was able to find and purchase the proper replacement headlights, what a wonderful improvement. I now notice I have a tail light that leaks and holds water. Can anyone tell me what vehicle Winnebago got the taillight from for my vehicle? The head lights came from an 04 Nisson Pathfinder. They were available in dull aluminum or chrome background. I found them new for $53.00 for the pair.You can imagine what Winnebago would want.
Interesting that you didn't even bother to call Lichtsinn's to get a price. Not saying I think they might be cheaper . . . just the old thing about "assume"
__________________
Stik
Full Timing since 2005
09 Journey 34Y, 2015 Grand Cherokee Toad
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
FIRE UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Interesting that you didn't even bother to call Lichtsinn's to get a price. Not saying I think they might be cheaper . . . just the old thing about "assume"
stik,
I did a "headlight" thread about a month or so ago. Ours is the same headlight as the OP. Ours is the '04 Horizon. What I stated back then is, I was keeping my eye on an ebay add for '04 Itasca Horizon headlights, brand new, that started at $90.00 a pair. As I kept my eye on them, they slowly rose in price over time. The last time I checked, they were over $120.00 a pair. I didn't purchase any 'cause mine were and are, still in pretty good shape.

But, when I put the thread on here about "What kind of vehicle" were the headlights taken from to fit our '04 Itasca Horizon, one or two of the boys came back and stated they were from a Nissan Pathfinder. So, I cruised on over to ebay and typed in "headlights, '04 Nissan Pathfinder. Yep, they're the EXACT same ones. And, they're HALF THE PRICE!!!!!! Hmmmmmm, imagine that!

You're absolutely right, at finding them at that price, and the availability was great, I too didn't even bother calling any Winne/Itasca parts supplier. I'd bet my house they're considerably higher than what I and the OP found. I'm glad the OP posted here. I'm very, very close to ordering up some and using mine as back-ups in case one of the new ones goes out in the future.

To the OP, may I ask where you got yours?
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Buxton, North Dakota
Posts: 1,037
Does anyone know what the headlights for a 2003 Adventurer come from?
__________________
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53/ V10 605 watts of Solar
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C Handicap Equipped
F53/V10
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Master
 
tderonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Motor City, Mich
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
Does anyone know what the headlights for a 2003 Adventurer come from?
They are TYC copies of '02 to '05 Chevrolet Impala lights.
__________________
Tim.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
ru499's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tuckerton, NJ
Posts: 21
I have an 05 Horizon 40FD. The tail lights are 2001 Chev Silverado.
__________________
2005 Itasca Horizon 40FD
FMCA 428291
ru499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just roaming around... (home base Bossier City, LA)
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon. Thanks to this sight I was able to find and purchase the proper replacement headlights, what a wonderful improvement. I now notice I have a tail light that leaks and holds water. Can anyone tell me what vehicle Winnebago got the taillight from for my vehicle? The head lights came from an 04 Nisson Pathfinder. They were available in dull aluminum or chrome background. I found them new for $53.00 for the pair.You can imagine what Winnebago would want.
Don't you mean that the headlights came from an 04 Nissan Frontier, instead of Pathfinder? The ones from the Frontier seem to match up to the headlights on my '05 Horizon 36RD.
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Master
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
stik,
I did a "headlight" thread about a month or so ago. Ours is the same headlight as the OP. Ours is the '04 Horizon. What I stated back then is, I was keeping my eye on an ebay add for '04 Itasca Horizon headlights, brand new, that started at $90.00 a pair. As I kept my eye on them, they slowly rose in price over time. The last time I checked, they were over $120.00 a pair. I didn't purchase any 'cause mine were and are, still in pretty good shape.

But, when I put the thread on here about "What kind of vehicle" were the headlights taken from to fit our '04 Itasca Horizon, one or two of the boys came back and stated they were from a Nissan Pathfinder. So, I cruised on over to ebay and typed in "headlights, '04 Nissan Pathfinder. Yep, they're the EXACT same ones. And, they're HALF THE PRICE!!!!!! Hmmmmmm, imagine that!

You're absolutely right, at finding them at that price, and the availability was great, I too didn't even bother calling any Winne/Itasca parts supplier. I'd bet my house they're considerably higher than what I and the OP found. I'm glad the OP posted here. I'm very, very close to ordering up some and using mine as back-ups in case one of the new ones goes out in the future.

To the OP, may I ask where you got yours?
Scott
Problem is that LOTS of the items for sale on eBay are illegal copies of the item. They will even carry the DOT certification numbers but are in fact, knock offs of the real item and not legal for highway use, and illegal to sell. The problem is, how do you tell the difference? Buy from a trusted source only and eBay isn't one.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Lifetime GS Member, SKP, FMCA,
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
Winnebago Master
 
DAN L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon. Thanks to this sight I was able to find and purchase the proper replacement headlights, what a wonderful improvement. I now notice I have a tail light that leaks and holds water. Can anyone tell me what vehicle Winnebago got the taillight from for my vehicle? The head lights came from an 04 Nisson Pathfinder. They were available in dull aluminum or chrome background. I found them new for $53.00 for the pair.You can imagine what Winnebago would want.
the plastic tail light lenses on my moho are standard trailer lenses and are stocked at my local rv store, about $8 each. i installed weather stripping on the edges of the lenses to make them fit tighter and keep the water out.
none of my tail lights or turn signals worked when i bought my coach in 2006, with 7800 miles on it. there was lots of water and corrosion.
i cleaned all the light sockets with a wire brush and wd-40 when i bought the coach.
my lenses required a special tool to release them which i made from a bent screwdriver.
all my lights have worked ok since then.
__________________
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise
 
majfrizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 317
i found out that my 07 Journey uses the standard 7 inch round bus taillights. so i replaced all 4 rear lights with LED units. got them from a company call A.L.Lightech (Google it). they have a lifetime warranty. they had to replace one unit no questions asked. the LEDs look great. if i remember they were around $35 each

bob
__________________
Retired Army--Bob--2014 Tour 42QD
2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD
2001 Honda Goldwing
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner
 
lwasouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 176
The headlight units I purchased on Ebay had the DOT certification imprinted on the lens and were purchased from an American supplier in Miami, Fl.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Forum need taillight cover 92 Winni kmat Winnebago General Discussions 16 05-23-2016 07:07 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×