Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi ya'll. Some race yesterday huh!
Well I saw the baby for the first time today. She arrived at the dealer's slightly on the sickly side.
She was born on the 5th of April. Went to delivery sometime on the 9th. Delivery started bringing her home sometime that week but as I mentioned in earlier posts she got a little "flat" (or a blow out) around Waterford Iowa. Due to the "rarity" of the rubber ring (tire) they had to order and ship the part to the repair shop. During replacement they "broke" the ALCO rim. Ok, well, the rim was rare also and they had to special order the rim and ship it to the "repair" shop. Last Thursday they said a driver was on the way to make sure the baby got here by this morning.

Well, when I first saw here from the rear my heart fluttered. Not that I'm a rear man but my first "other" half had a broad rear also which was nice. (opps...lets keep this readable but the younger folks jk.....ok, ok, ok but oh what a site!) First thing I noticed was the geny door open which I thought a little strange. The second thing I noticed was the mud stain half way up the rear rubber. The third thing was the outside compartment doors (at least 4) were not closed (latched) on one side. (??) and the fourth item was the infamous "white" spots on the front. When I found my dealer man he indicated (without me asking I might add) that the girl had to go to Freightliner for some work. (Uh oh!!) He indicated the "power steering" had a "squeal" and they did not know what the matter was. (ps...you guys that complained about me using too many icons take a look. See any? You took my innocence away...boo hoo....now I have to spell it out.) Any way, I wonder how many miles you can drive without damaging the power steering when it "squeals." Now the baby has to go to the operating room for "minor" surgery. I was hoping to start getting use to it by mid week but now it looks like maybe sometime next week. (icon)

I haven't named her yet, and oh yes she's a she for sure, but since my daughter's name starts was an "A", dogs' name start's with an "A", mother's name starts with an "A" I guess I'll just have to stay with the "A"s for now. She does have a BIG Journey written on the sides, rear end and front cap but that just doesn't have a female ring to it. And she is a 36G model, last of the 07's (literally the last I'm told before the pollution equipment changes). Once I do take charge (delivery) of this beautiful young lady and start working some of the kinky stuff out of her, I'll photograph her and ask rebelsbeach to post them for me if they are not too naughty. I do hope she likes Indy racing as she will be in Indy for the 500. Just her, me and my friends. No I will not "share" her even with my best friend, maybe my daughter.

Thanks for letting me go on but Lord, she's a looker......
jk_and_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi ya'll. Some race yesterday huh!
Well I saw the baby for the first time today. She arrived at the dealer's slightly on the sickly side.
She was born on the 5th of April. Went to delivery sometime on the 9th. Delivery started bringing her home sometime that week but as I mentioned in earlier posts she got a little "flat" (or a blow out) around Waterford Iowa. Due to the "rarity" of the rubber ring (tire) they had to order and ship the part to the repair shop. During replacement they "broke" the ALCO rim. Ok, well, the rim was rare also and they had to special order the rim and ship it to the "repair" shop. Last Thursday they said a driver was on the way to make sure the baby got here by this morning.

Well, when I first saw here from the rear my heart fluttered. Not that I'm a rear man but my first "other" half had a broad rear also which was nice. (opps...lets keep this readable but the younger folks jk.....ok, ok, ok but oh what a site!) First thing I noticed was the geny door open which I thought a little strange. The second thing I noticed was the mud stain half way up the rear rubber. The third thing was the outside compartment doors (at least 4) were not closed (latched) on one side. (??) and the fourth item was the infamous "white" spots on the front. When I found my dealer man he indicated (without me asking I might add) that the girl had to go to Freightliner for some work. (Uh oh!!) He indicated the "power steering" had a "squeal" and they did not know what the matter was. (ps...you guys that complained about me using too many icons take a look. See any? You took my innocence away...boo hoo....now I have to spell it out.) Any way, I wonder how many miles you can drive without damaging the power steering when it "squeals." Now the baby has to go to the operating room for "minor" surgery. I was hoping to start getting use to it by mid week but now it looks like maybe sometime next week. (icon)

I haven't named her yet, and oh yes she's a she for sure, but since my daughter's name starts was an "A", dogs' name start's with an "A", mother's name starts with an "A" I guess I'll just have to stay with the "A"s for now. She does have a BIG Journey written on the sides, rear end and front cap but that just doesn't have a female ring to it. And she is a 36G model, last of the 07's (literally the last I'm told before the pollution equipment changes). Once I do take charge (delivery) of this beautiful young lady and start working some of the kinky stuff out of her, I'll photograph her and ask rebelsbeach to post them for me if they are not too naughty. I do hope she likes Indy racing as she will be in Indy for the 500. Just her, me and my friends. No I will not "share" her even with my best friend, maybe my daughter.

Thanks for letting me go on but Lord, she's a looker......
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don't no if I should give my congrats or not with all that you mentioned
Hope you have a good dealer that will follow thru.
At least you have seen her and your heart is pounding and keeps pounding for good, well at least give you congrats for that.
Wonder about them drivers.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

if you did not sign the contract yet or title it...I would recomend adding language to the sales documents "that the dealer and winnebago are responsible for the repairs and all travel costs..." If you dont once you leave the dealer then your really only stuck fighting with winnebago. Winnebago is good to deal with but I would like to see the dealer push for you also. Time and fuel to repair centers are expensive.

good luck
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Power Steering seems to be a problem with new Journey's. Mine is also new, 2006 Journey, with only around 3000 miles on it and as we speak it sits at Freightliner awaiting parts for the power steering. At this point I'm not sure what parts are being replaced, but the steering has made a squealing noise since I bought it in January of 2007. Please keep us informed as to what you find out with yours and I will do the same.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sammie,
Sorry to hear I'm not the only one but will post when I find out.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Anyway, Congrats on your new baby. So far I have enjoyed making some changes to personalize my coach to my tastes. I hope to make a trip soon to further enjoy it.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Ouch. I hope it all works out for you.

Until I read this I had myself convinced a factory order was the way to go the next time to beat some of the issues I had with my new coach that had sat on the dealer lot for 6 months. Maybe finding a demo with the bugs worked out as a couple of others have done recently is a better bet.

When we were shopping for our coach we were down to deciding between a somewhat unique '04 Horizon 34TD CAT C7 with 8000 miles and all the options and a "new" '05 Journey with all the options. While we love our Journey (now that the bugs are largely worked out) knowing what we know now we should have spent the additional $10K and gone with Horizon.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote