Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Jack wont go down???

2000 Itasca 37'
I have had issues with the jacks not coming up and I got a grip on how to deal with that!

But today one of the back jacks will not come down? I can grab the shaft with a channel locks and twist it turns easy enough. But will not power down?

HWH jacks!

All suggestions appreciated////
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I assume other jacks on the same hydraulic circuit work <other rear jack, other side jack). Have your DW kid operate the jacks while you look at the control box. An LED will light for the signal to each solenoid. As I remember they are in a row, pretty obvious when you watch the box while jacks are activated. No signal, I would guess a switch or control box error. If you have a signal to the solenoid, check that the pressure release screw/plunger is not out. If you had trouble raising them in the past, you may have forgot or not release the plunger enough and have leakback when the system pressurizes. If that is ok, see if the solenoid is hot, hot would mean electric current through it, cold would mean a wiring problem, either to the solenoid, or inside it.

Here is a link to the HWH web site, re control box LEDS HWH Repair Sheets
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
I assume other jacks on the same hydraulic circuit work <other rear jack, other side jack). Have your DW kid operate the jacks while you look at the control box. An LED will light for the signal to each solenoid. As I remember they are in a row, pretty obvious when you watch the box while jacks are activated. No signal, I would guess a switch or control box error. If you have a signal to the solenoid, check that the pressure release screw/plunger is not out. If you had trouble raising them in the past, you may have forgot or not release the plunger enough and have leakback when the system pressurizes. If that is ok, see if the solenoid is hot, hot would mean electric current through it, cold would mean a wiring problem, either to the solenoid, or inside it.

Here is a link to the HWH web site, re control box LEDS HWH Repair Sheets
Where is the control box? Where is the Pressure release screw/plunger? Where is the solenoid? Is there one for each jack?

Yes other three jacks work. And this jack has worked many times before!
Old 10-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

It's all under one of the entry steps (can't remember if it's the 2nd or 3rd). Look for a screw under the edge of the steps, remove it and the step hinges up. At least that's where it is on my '04 - doubt that they changed it.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Whoops, disregard that - I thought you had the Itaska twin to my Journey, but I see in your profile that's not the case...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Owners manual for HWH

I'm sorry if my first reply confused you. You stated you had a handle on how to deal with the jacks not retracting, so I made an assumption you knew something about your HWH system. If you go to the HWH web site I posted earlier, there is help so you can identify the controller system and that will lead you to the owner's manual for your HWH. Once you have identified your system, look in the section on flow diagrams, this will help you trace the path of the hydraulic fluid. And look under the troubleshooting section, too.

I'd like to help with the location of things on your coach, but mine is a Winnie Adventurer, and the HWH pump/controller is behind the steps to the driver's door, and on my coach, very hard to reach when the living room slide is in.
Most repairs on the leveling and room extending system are sort of at the beginning journeyman level of ability. Crawling under, and squeezing into small spaces and getting dirty. You are studying to be a heavy truck mechanic when you work on an RV.

If you have the original invoice or maybe the original brochures for your coach, it will usually list what the extras are on your RV as well as the usuals. Sometimes in more detail than the owner's manual.
You should start accumulating manuals for all the things that make up your rv home. TV antennas, power converters, air conditioners, water heaters, the fridge, the engine, the tires, and the list goes on. Luckily most of this is available on-line and in pdf. Your only other option is just like in your stick home, call somebody and write the check.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

That happened on my Northern star and I had to replace the control panel from HWH.
Paulraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

What the Hay? I turned on the jacks this morning with no engine running and they operated just fine!!! The only thing I did was to look for broken or kinked tubing under the coach and found nothing like that. I also discovered four what might be Solenoids under the hood that have big screws on the end I moved each a little and put them back where they where. All in all I done nothing different except do the leveling with out the engine running?????
Old 10-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Page 24 of the 2000 Suncruiser 37G Parts Catalog for your coach shows the components of the hydraulic levelling system, including their locations. The reservoir, pump, etc. are located at the right front corner of the chassis.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote