Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Stuck in Denver

Hi everyone my name is Mizz Im new to the site so a little about myself and how I came about this Winnebago so I came across some hard times caught Covid-19 and became really sick I lost my job and thats pretty much where it started to roll down hill I also lost my apartment got evicted so a buddy told me about this camper he had off course he made me a good deal wasnt running do I bought it from him really he pretty much blessed me with it so Ive been living in it no water no power nothing I couldnt even get it running working on it night and day I finally got it running no players mind you so Ive towed it from county to county in the Denver metro area with threats from every cop there gonna tow it so I finally got back to work and my boss let me store it there long story short I got the wires hooked up best of my ability there were cut I forgot to mention that everything but when I start it it fits right up but then then I got give it gas petal all the way down gas gas shut up out the carburetor like a back fire watching plenty of you tube I tried to adjust the carb but still it fires up and will run as long as I got my foot on the gas once I let it go it dies immediately it will start over and over just wont Il idle I need to move it ASAP I know my boss is getting tired of looking at it and help it suggestions would be deeply appreciated
Mizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Please identify the engine and MH, otherwise everyone must guess.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 11:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 454 7.4 litter v8 1982 Chevy p30 Im not sure the model it may be a warrior or a chieftain
Mizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Hi everyone my name is Mizz I’m new to the site so a little about myself and how I came about this Winnebago so I came across some hard times caught Covid-19 and became really sick I lost my job and that’s pretty much where it started to roll down hill I also lost my apartment got evicted so a buddy told me about this camper he had off course he made me a good deal wasn’t running do I bought it from him really he pretty much blessed me with it so I’ve been living in it no water no power nothing I couldn’t even get it running working on it night and day I finally got it running no players mind you so I’ve towed it from county to county in the Denver metro area with threats from every cop there gonna tow it so I finally got back to work and my boss let me store it there long story short I got the wires hooked up best of my ability there were cut I forgot to mention that everything but when I start it it fits right up but then then I got give it gas petal all the way down gas gas shut up out the carburetor like a back fire watching plenty of you tube I tried to adjust the carb but still it fires up and will run as long as I got my foot on the gas once I let it go it dies immediately it will start over and over just won’t I’l idle I need to move it ASAP I know my boss is getting tired of looking at it and help it suggestions would be deeply appreciated
It is really hard to understand what is going on without making assumptions and the assumptions that most might make may be wrong. Thus it is of risk to try to help.

You need to share more details for the best help, but when you got the RV, even if it was a gift seems like you and original owner would have plan to help you get it running? Where is the original owner to help?

Trying to own a RV without any money is going to be difficult, even if it were running properly.

If your question is to get help to get it running, I would say stop towing it from place to place and tow to Engine or Carburetor shop that will work on RVs. Use your insurance roadside assistance to pay for the towing. Be sure to get estimate and make sure you have the money so they don't repair and assess a lien.

If you just want someone to try to help you repair yourself you may need to be a lot more specific with pictures and maybe even video; so they can hear what it sounds like.

Now with that said and IMO, I would get that RV off the lot of employer like pronto. If you are working rent or buy a cheap car or other transportation that works!!! No gifts to fix Find the cheapest RV storage facility or RV Park that does long term as possible until you save enough money to get it fixed.

Also for clarity, be prepared to pay 30 - 40% of whatever you make now for a place to stay. Your priorities should be #1 Your Employer #2 Your Relationship with Boss ( do what he says) #3 Food & Water #4 Shelter/Safe place to stay #5 Reliable Transportation ( Bus, Train, Bike, Motorcycle, Car or walking)

Good luck and I hope this helps, but apologies if I have mistakenly taking anything out of context.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 07:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yes, covid is now one of the things the world chooses to ignore. I have a son in very bad shape with covid after effects and it is just not something that they can pin down what to do to treat him. Willful ignorance was spread far and wide!

But for the immediate problem, if you can look at the linkage from the gas pedal to the carb, it may be something that you can see. But I will also say that trying to adjust the carb by looking at vids is not a good thing as much of it has to be done by listening and looking at what the engine is doing. The carb settings are really easy to get way off and that may be the real problem!
Does the carb get good air? Itakes a good mix of gas AND air! Another point is that gas lines and filters have to be clean and clear. so consider if the carb is actually getting good gas flow as a reason for having to open the throttle all the way.
Not really a way to sort it out online like this.
Sorry for the situation, but you may need on scene help to solve it!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote