Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
small Winnie ideas please

I'm gathering ideas for the nearish future....
.... what's the good Winnie for a Nevada to Alaska round trip. Two people, i like small, I like dry bath, I am 6'3", ... can I get 4 wheel drive?, will I have 700÷ pds. carry capacity for gen/tools/beer?

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Minnie Winnie 25B. It's a smaller unit with fewer options in terms of slides, jacks etc. There is very little counter space otherwise we might have ended up with one instead of the 31D. Now that we have a larger unit, it isn't a negative in terms of travel and it is wonderful to have so much living space with all the bells and whistles. We're getting 8 mpg towing. Unlike big Class A units, we can still get into most State Parks and even smaller campgrounds on occassion.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Check out Winnebago's newest Class B, the Revel, if you want 4X4
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFogelberg View Post
Minnie Winnie 25B. It's a smaller unit with fewer options in terms of slides, jacks etc. There is very little counter space otherwise we might have ended up with one instead of the 31D. Now that we have a larger unit, it isn't a negative in terms of travel and it is wonderful to have so much living space with all the bells and whistles. We're getting 8 mpg towing. Unlike big Class A units, we can still get into most State Parks and even smaller campgrounds on occassion.
Have a 25B ( 26 ft) & love it. The minimal counter space can be improved by using a stovetop cover and a sink cover on the right side (double sink). We have gotten as much as 9.5 mpg towing a Ford Focus 4 down.