Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Radio Power Problem

I have a 2013 Itasca Cambria. I was never happy with the Jensen radio that came in the rig, so I swapped it with a new Pioneer with a lot of bells and whistles that so far I like a lot. Apple Carplay rocks!

My problem is that when I put the dash power switch in "house" mode and then hit the main coach battery power switch on my way out, the power is totally cut to the radio and I have to set everything up again when I power on again. To avoid this, I make sure I switch the radio to coach mode before leaving the rig. There are 2 power feeds - red for switched power, and yellow for battery (always on) power. I believe that the yellow feed through the house position in the power switch is compromised.

During the install I had a spark and I probably blew a fuse - I checked the fuse box in the coach and they all look good. Where else should I look for this fuse?

Thanks in advance for any help
Rich_Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Rich,
I would guess that it is a power distribution box of some sort that is dedicated to the chassis electrics. I would speculate that the yellow wire is not going through the Winnebago fuse panel.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5

Tags
power, radio