Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question about mounting tv

Morning! I'm considering the purchase of a Minnie Winnie, but I don't like where the tv is mounted. Is it hard to change the tv mount? Are there others who have tried mounting the tv so that it's across from (not to the side of) the sofa? Thank you so much!
bestill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

A good question, I'm following. Seems like most TV placements are neck breakers
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Depending on your layout, another alternative might be to remount the TV on a full motion wall mount. I did that in our Sunstar, and now we can extend and swivel the 32" tv to be seen from the front seats when they are turned, or to the rear to be seen easier from the booth.

To deal with the vibration, I used an oversized Harbor Freight mount. It works great!

SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Mounting tv to another wall

To the very nice person who responded to my question about tv mounting by sharing the information about the Harbor Freight mount. I can't thank you enough! May I ask, also, about where the mount can be installed? I'm wondering if there's a way to install the mount across from the sofa, rather than to the far right.
Can this kind of mount be installed over a kitchen cabinet, if the cabinet is bolstered by a strong piece of lumber? I know that would render the cabinet useless (useless as a cabinet, at any rate). But it would seem to make sense fo have the tv in front of the sofa.
Or has anyone tried having the tv on a tv cart of some kind? I know the tv would have to be firmly secured when the travel trailer was in motion, but one a tv on a portable cart be an option?
THANK YOU!
bestill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

You're welcome!

There are many options for dealing with a TV. Ours is in a motorhome with an in-motion satellite dish, so that limits what we could do somewhat.

You could also consider a flip-down ceiling mount. I have no experience with one in a vehicle, except that my BIL apparently mounted a 40" TV that way.

In a trailer, you might be able to just stow the TV except when you are watching it.

I wouldn't consider losing the storage in a cabinet just for a TV. Storage space is precious as it is.

My approach would be to get the trailer, and then do some creative thinking and exploration of the interior. The best solution may come to you that way.

Keep in mind that the HF mount pulls out and then swivels almost 90 degrees each way.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

MorRyde makes some excellent mounts:
TV Mounts - MORryde
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote