Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
Rich in SoCal

New to us/2005 Vectra 40AD

Just traded in our Holiday Rambler Vacationeer for a super clean '05 Vectra 40AD. We are from Lancaster, CA (USA), just me, the wife and her little dog. We're into offroading, boating on the Colorado River, car shows, BBQ contests, anything outdoors.

I'm hoping this new to us coach is 10 steps above the Vacationeer with regards to ride and comfort. Not saying we didn't like the Vacationeer (we kept it for 15 years), but time to move on and move up. Glad to be a member here as well.
Purerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Have lots of fun in your new RV. Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #4

Welcome to the fray! You will find lots of good information on this forum and I highly encourage you to also join www.IRV2.com .

I also have a very similar coach to your Vectra. So I invite you to search my user name (just mouse over "imnprsd" on the left and click on it) and you will see all the posts that may apply to you in your time of need.

Also, I think the 2004-2006 Horizon/Vectra 40AD build years were the best ever!

Here's a link to your 2005 Vectra Brochure you might find informative. I came across it today reading about your/our often misunderstood basement AC (under your washer/dryer).

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...5/05Vectra.pdf

Do you have a CAT or a Cummins engine?

Are your tires less than 10 years old? (See date code on the side wall if you don't know.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Utah Arch With RV.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	172908  
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Vectra's are made to be enjoyed. Be kind to it.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
Rich in SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Welcome to the fray! You will find lots of good information on this forum and I highly encourage you to also join www.IRV2.com .

I also have a very similar coach to your Vectra. So I invite you to search my user name (just mouse over "imnprsd" on the left and click on it) and you will see all the posts that may apply to you in your time of need.

Also, I think the 2004-2006 Horizon/Vectra 40AD build years were the best ever!

Here's a link to your 2005 Vectra Brochure you might find informative. I came across it today reading about your/our often misunderstood basement AC (under your washer/dryer).

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...5/05Vectra.pdf

Do you have a CAT or a Cummins engine?

Are your tires less than 10 years old? (See date code on the side wall if you don't know.)
actually it has the 400hp Cummins option, all leather interior, with the darker cherry wood (I think)... I'm just waiting for the dealer to get the paperwork completed on their end, and I can pick it up! Do you know if the Alcoa rims that come on these Vecrtas are coated or just polished?
Old 02-14-2020, 03:16 AM   #7

Very good question, but I can't remember? ...Google it and you will find the answer. Then let us know.

I do seem to remember the wheel hole design has something to do with the width of the rim, but I can't remember that either.

....And I'm guessing if you know about the coating on your wheels, then you have already verified your ISL-400 engine serial number does or does not fall in the recall range... having something to do with the rod-pin? ...Or something like that. If you don't know, then maybe you should search www.irv2.com for accurate information before you seal the deal. ...And call Cummins.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

the wheel hole design has something to do with the width of the rim?
Alcoa wheels have round holes and Accuride has triangle shaped holes. I have Accuride in 08 and they are not coated and usually shine more when polished. Better looking but more work to get the shine. I would guess that 05 are polished. Call Freightliner in Gaffney and they can tell you.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
Rich in SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Very good question, but I can't remember? ...Google it and you will find the answer. Then let us know.

I do seem to remember the wheel hole design has something to do with the width of the rim, but I can't remember that either.

....And I'm guessing if you know about the coating on your wheels, then you have already verified your ISL-400 engine serial number does or does not fall in the recall range... having something to do with the rod-pin? ...Or something like that. If you don't know, then maybe you should search www.irv2.com for accurate information before you seal the deal. ...And call Cummins.
so I looked up my VIN, and there is no recalls associated with it, am I good to go or is this C0713 recall associated with engine serial number only and not the VIN?