Originally Posted by Mike In NY
We just took delivery of a 2010 Sightseer.
Our first Class A & first Winnebago.
I have 3 newbie questions.
1) The unit is in storage now. The chassis & house batteries are removed for the winter. I want to be able to exercise the generator & run a 50% load on a monthly basis. Can I run the generator with the batteries removed.
2) Should the leveling jacks be retracted while in storage & the unit sitting on the suspension , or can they be left down.
3) Does the house and chassis battery disconnect on the side of the stairs have a time delay after pushing the button to activate.
Any help is appreciated.
Congrats on the Sightseer!! Here's my take on your questions.
1) You will need the batteries (or some source of 12v power) to start the generator. I leave my batteries in so that I can exercise the generator at least monthly.
2) I leave the jacks retracted.
3) After pushing the house or chassis disconnect button they should click on immediately and light up.
You don't say which Sightseer model that you have, but whichever one it is it'll be much the same as my 2010 Itasca Sunova 33C.