Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Micro Minnie owner question

Hi everyone
We bought ourselves an awesome Christmas present of a new Micro Minnie and can’t wait for spring.
Plan on spending the winter shopping to outfit her. As this is our first RV we are looking for some advice on what we need to buy for it. Have already bought a couple of things that while they may be nice we have found out they are not essential so we are looking for guidance from those who are more experienced as to what we should get. Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Wood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood77 View Post
Hi everyone
We bought ourselves an awesome Christmas present of a new Micro Minnie and can’t wait for spring.
Plan on spending the winter shopping to outfit her. As this is our first RV we are looking for some advice on what we need to buy for it. Have already bought a couple of things that while they may be nice we have found out they are not essential so we are looking for guidance from those who are more experienced as to what we should get. Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Well, let me say welcome but also caution on buying things as that is an area where we all live differently , so what fits me may not fit you! And experience is about the only way to find what fits you!

A place to start for me is the safety items like a TPMS as I will no longer go without knowing BEFORE a tire blows out!
Saving several hundred dollars by not buying TPMS is betting thoughsands of dollars and possibly your life against a few hundred!
A blown out tire that comes out through the side panel or wraps up the brake line, etc underneath gets very hard to solve while on a trip as well as super expensive to repair!

Currently getting into a repair for RV is just not going to happen without totally ruining the trip! Think at least three weeks, mimimum?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks so much Richard. I get that everyone’s needs are different. Just looking for the essentials everyone needs and will expand from there
Thanks again
Old 02-06-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome!

The only essential items for your travel trailer, besides an adequate tow vehicle and hitch (anti-sway & weight distribution preferred), are sewer dump equipment, RV water hose, and a quality surge protector and power plug converters called “Dog Bones” in RV lingo. If you plan to camp without “shore power” you’ll need a quiet generator to refresh batteries and power AC appliances.

There are dozens of things that you’ll want to have or would like to have but the very best way to know about these things for you is to get out there and go camping.

PS. I am a staff member here so I moved your post out of that other tread and into its own thread. You’ll find it’s always best to start a new thread for any new topic, question or introduction.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2022, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

You got your basic essentials and then your favorite accessories that become essential. Mine is the 2 burner Camp Chef and a griddle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0FE70F6B-E578-4838-A201-394371E6918B.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	181954  
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote