Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
Minnie Winnie Captain

Hello from NC!! 2020 Minnie Winnie 25B

My wife and kids are leaving tomorrow to pickup our 2020 Minnie Winnie 25B in San Antonio. Last year we took a 14 week rental on a trip around the country and loved it so much that we've decided to take the plunge, we're so excited! Thank you for being such a great community, I've been searching and googling this forum like crazy and look forward to interacting with ya'll for years to come!

We're looking forward to the trip home, however, trying to pair down our typical RV checklist to make sure everything can fit on a plane is tough! Fingers crossed that our maiden voyage goes *relatively* smoothly
AstroPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi, welcome!

Who did you buy from in San Antonio?? I'm just north of SA and can point you to things in the area if you'd like.

The big hurdle will be getting through the PDI and the purchase.

Please note: Around here we always say if a dealer's mouth is moving he's lying. So be aware that RV dealers have some of the worst reputations and they are well deserved.

Enjoy!

Assuming you'll need to buy a LOT of stuff for the RV. There is a Camping World in New Braunfels, on I-35 northeast of SA by 25 miles. But better yet is Texas RV Supply. It's located in town and has been there a million years but they have everything and I do mean everything. Plus, they are fantastic for Service if something needs installed or if you find a problem in the new rig.

I'd give Camping World a 3-star rating and Texas RV Supply a 5-star rating. If having work done, CW would drop to a 1.5-star rating. Texas RV would still be a 5-star.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #3
Minnie Winnie Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Hi, welcome!
Who did you buy from in San Antonio?? I'm just north of SA and can point you to things in the area if you'd like.

The big hurdle will be getting through the PDI and the purchase.

Please note: Around here we always say if a dealer's mouth is moving he's lying. So be aware that RV dealers have some of the worst reputations and they are well deserved.

Enjoy!

Assuming you'll need to buy a LOT of stuff for the RV. There is a Camping World in New Braunfels, on I-35 northeast of SA by 25 miles. But better yet is Texas RV Supply. It's located in town and has been there a million years but they have everything and I do mean everything. Plus, they are fantastic for Service if something needs installed or if you find a problem in the new rig.

I'd give Camping World a 3-star rating and Texas RV Supply a 5-star rating. If having work done, CW would drop to a 1.5-star rating. Texas RV would still be a 5-star.
THANK YOU! So actually, we bought from a private owner in the city, they used it back in 2020 to travel with some family members during the pandemic to a family reunion and haven't used it much since then. It seems like it's been kept in pretty good condition, but I plan to go over it pretty well once we get out there. Frankly, the deal was too good to pass up, even with flying the family out from NC (fingers crossed).

Right now, out plan is to fly out around 6:30 AM from CLT and I think we get in around noon. From there, we're just going to take it easy, hit Walmart for supplies and stay at the KOA so we can inventory and sanitize the tanks.

Thanks for the tip RE TX RV Supply, it appears the owner is leaving most of their stuff for us, however, it's nice to know where we can go if I need a few extra supplies.

My wife says that I'm great at breaking things that don't need to be fixed...
AstroPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:01 PM   #4
Site Team

You got a little lucky on the weather. It's been 104 to 108 for something like 25 days straight until yesterday. The temps dropped all the way down to 95. See, I said you were a "little lucky." They say it will be 90's all week. It's amazing how cool 95 can feel after a month of 104.

Make sure the previous owner shows you how everything works and I do mean everything. At the same time they'll be proving that everything does actually work.

Good Luck

PS. If you sightsee around town, you'll likely hit the Riverwalk - go at night when it's cooler. And it's generally recognized that the worst Mexican food is on the Riverwalk. Only tourists go there. The best Mexican is La Fonda on Main, it's not formal, but not a dive. They do online reservations and they can be necessary. There are other La Fonda's in town, only the one on Main (5 miles north of downtown) is the really good one. There's a section of town called "The Pearl" with a couple dozen restaurants. Most there are really good. It's north of downtown about 7 miles or so. It is the old Pearl Beer brewery.