Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2023, 05:01 AM   #1
SD POPS 2015 Vista!

Greetings from a new member, 2015 Itasca Viva

My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Viva with only 15,800 miles. It was owned by an older (wonderful) couple. I have a lot to learn, but certainly already enjoy this coach. I know there is likely a lot of experience and information in this group,, just have to learn how to find it! Best to all of you,,,
sdpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 07:05 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings!

The Itasca Viva looks like a cousin of the Winnebago Trend. A small Class C, like the Navion/View only built on the Ram Promaster chassis. We don’t see too many of these models here recently.

Welcome and enjoy your new RV!
Old 08-18-2023, 07:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Morning to you good folks!
And the comment about finding info is a big thing to start. One way to put a kink in owning an RV is to find you missed some small points and it costs you with extra expense and frustration!
So the small points are important on RV! Watch the battery charge as it is a frequent thing to not get it right and kill a set of batteries! And of course, doing the winterize is important --if in frozen zone?

There is a ton of info online from Winnebago. I am a fan because they seem to try to help us keep things running!
I can post up some sites but then there is always some question of what that info means and you may want to ask questions?

A good start when asking those questions is getting us the info we need to give good answers. If you can take a few minutes and put the year make and model of your RV in your signature, it can save some back and forth on finding out as it then shows on every post! In your case, adding the 7th digit of the serial number can be needed as well.
Reason for being picky? The info is listed in that order and the serical number of 1 or 2 tells us whether the RV is an early year build or late build for that year! They tend to make changes in mid-year and that change means we may need different drawings to tell what they did in those places where they hide things!
A label next to the driver's side may be the handy place to get all that info without digging out the paperwork?

Meanwhile if you want to study some of those hidden points and find parts they may mention in manuals, I like this interactive parts catalog as itlet met learn a lot about locations and specs---without having to go outside and crawl around!
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

But you will need to get the right group!

Click image for larger version

Name:	via.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	187010

Did you get an onwers manual in the deal? Lots of starter info there. Available online here under the "owners" tab!
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources/

Welcome and enjoy the new trek!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:52 AM   #4
Site Team

You might like to see a brochure for the Viva. So, here's a link to one:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...ital-bro.X.pdf

It's a 2014 brochure because I couldn't find a 2015 brochure on the Winnebago Brochure Archive: https://www.winnebago.com/brochure-archive

Sometimes, they don't change much between model years so they don't produce a new brochure of every model year. And, Winnebago discontinues models all the time even though dealers are still selling the model for the whole next year.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:01 PM   #5
SD POPS 2015 Vista!

Thanks so much! Have been outside all day washing etc... on the new rig. I will look at all the great info you sent, and try to get the information etc. thanks soooo very much!
sdpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hello sdpops, just found your post. I've got a 2018 Trend 23L purchased August 2023. I'll look for others.
GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, itasca