Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Getting back into RV's after a 25 year hiatus...

Hi all, had 3 travel trailers, before marriage and kids came...then needed to raise and educate the kids...now, I am a divorced gentleman with a wonderful fiance in my life...and as both love the outdoors and camping (tent), I decided to up the ante and get back into an RV, namely a used 2018 Winnebago Micro Minnie model: 1706FB. I and (she) loves the trailer, its size, feature list, and that it can practically settle in, on any type of campsite, created for either an RV, or tent. Great towing, great fuel mileage while towing...so other than one incident due to flimsy manufacture of the queen bed frame (I posted about it as my first post under General repair as a FYI) it has been a really enjoyable use and experience in our last four camping trips, across Ontario, Canada.

We are looking at heading down to Alabama's ocean coast just above Florida, for next late September or early October, as of course, usage between May and then, in Ontario, as well as Michigan, New York (the Finger Lakes!), and parts of Vermont. I bought this trailer (at it's total length 20 feet) to truly be a mobile 'condo'...and that will be its purchase mission.

Thanks for reading,

Sun Seeker
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and wishing you the best in your mobile condo!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
We are looking at heading down to Alabama's ocean coast just above Florida, for next late September or early October.
We just returned from Orange Beach, Alabama and really like the area. We stayed a very swank Class A only resort, but we checked out the Gulf Shores State Park. It was very nice and HUGE. All of the sites we saw were full hookup sites and there was tons of space between campsites.

You may need to reserve early as it's a popular spot but they had something like 600 campsites in the huge park.

The sugar sand beaches in that area - from Destin, FL to Gulf Shores are terrific. There are two Florida State Parks in the Destin area some with direct beach access but they are tough to get a reservation in them as they are not that large.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
We just returned from Orange Beach, Alabama and really like the area. We stayed a very swank Class A only resort, but we checked out the Gulf Shores State Park. It was very nice and HUGE. All of the sites we saw were full hookup sites and there was tons of space between campsites.

You may need to reserve early as it's a popular spot but they had something like 600 campsites in the huge park.

The sugar sand beaches in that area - from Destin, FL to Gulf Shores are terrific. There are two Florida State Parks in the Destin area some with direct beach access but they are tough to get a reservation in them as they are not that large.

Wow, talk about a jolt when reading your reply...that is EXACTLY where we are looking at...Orange Beach, and Gulf Shores State Park...that you zeroed in on that..what a hoot! Glad you liked it, and the area...as that is most encouraging in the reading! Cheers!
Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Welcome to the forum and wishing you the best in your mobile condo!
Thank you, very much...had always wanted another RV, for over that 25 'dry' years...lol...so now happy to finally own another...it is such a great and relaxing form of recreation.

When I informed my only sister, that I had purchased the 1706FB, her first reaction was; "...are you NUTS?!?!?!? Why add the stress of owning an RV, maintaining an RV...and all of it?!?!? What got into you?!?!?"

My reply was simply..."Bev...OWNING, ENJOYING, USING, an RV, does not ***ADD*** stress to one's life....no, it adds---> YEARS, to one's life...!"

Geez....sisters....!!!! Sometimes..."Boom, Zoom, to the moon, Alice!".....

Cheers,