Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Downsized to Winnebago Boldt

Downsized from a Tiffin phaeton 42LH to a Winnebago Boldt 70KL. Looking forward to the new experience.
Viper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Wow, that’s quite a downsizing. I’ll look forward to hearing about your new experiences.
Wishing you the best!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #3
Site Team

The Boldt looks amazing! Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Being smaller does have both advantages and disadvantages, depending on what we each feel good at the time. It is a different life style. Simple in some ways once we find how much we did not need!
We moved down but went too far and had to trade again to get some of the basics that I had cut out.
In the end, we had to set out a lineup of things we really wanted and things that we might like but not really need. Extra beds were among the first things we knew we did not need once we found the kids were all busy or had their own setup. Where we went too far was a comfortable place to sprawl out in a class c. A short couch works for me, now.
Look, learn, adapt as needed?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Downsizing from a 42 foot Pheaton to a Winnebago Boldt 70KL is proving to be interesting. We had no idea we had so much but needed so little. Can’t wait to get “Little Bit” out on a few adventures.

C&L
Mesquite, NV
Viper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

That’s a big change. We did a downsize too but not quite To your extent. We went from a 23’ Airstream trailer to a Boldt 70 KL. Like most of you we too are just learning what is truly needed or just desired. We are kind of in that mode in every area of our lives currently. It’s proving to be very freeing. Maybe sounds strange but we are liking this. We love the nimbleness of this van versus a truck towing a travel trailer. Also love the Volta system!
ThunderBoldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We downsized too from a Tiffin 34 ft to a 24ft winnebago Fuse. Very easy to go anywhere. We arent in it much, mostly a few hours late evening, so mostly sleeping. We upgraded our mattress, and chose the model with alot of storage. We managed two weeks of food n a three week trip, no prob. Its easy driving as well. If you can manage priorities and organize, its a good move. Id rather be outdoors anyway.

I pre cooked ten meals like stir fried chicken and hamburger meat for tacos , etc and bagged them all for the freezer. Made more space and easy to cook. I found planning most meals saved alot of space. Didnt go out to eat much because of Covid19. At our age comfort mattered. So far so good. I dont think we d go larger again. At that point it will be a nice cabin!
LuvWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago