Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

Considering the new 2007 model lines are about ready to hit the shelves, what innovations would "Prompt" you to upgrade your current MH?

Meant to be purely a "wish list" type of topic line,what gets your creative juices flowing when you think of how you would equip your coach?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Considering the new 2007 model lines are about ready to hit the shelves, what innovations would "Prompt" you to upgrade your current MH?

Meant to be purely a "wish list" type of topic line,what gets your creative juices flowing when you think of how you would equip your coach?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Large pass through Basement storage with a raised rail system gives more height.
A one piece windshield
Four slidouts
Gas filled insulated windows
Indash Navagation/Computer System
Independent front wheel suspension.
3 Roof Air/Heat pumps
A Motorhome company that stands behind their product
Our next one will be an Allegro Bus 40.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I'd like to see Winnie offer some better floorplans in there higher end models maybe using the concept of their Suncruiser 38T. If I didn't want a diesel, that Suncruiser would have been first on my list. Maybe the use of a full wall slide if practical. I think the whole industry is lacking in Floorplan variations.

With the popularity and dimensional advantages of LCD TV's, I'd like to see Winnie change and incorporate the TV area into other parts of the coach which was a BIG reason we bought our 40FD floorplan. Almost everyone I talk to does not like the TV in the overhead cabinet, but have no choice when they want the dual couch floorplan. With LCD's, almost anything is possible especially with articulating arms so the positioning within a living space can be completly changed making for big changes to floorplans. Just food for thought..

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Shift pad for the Allison transmission for the W24 and W25.5.

Replace the small 24D coach batteries in the gas coaches with 27D.

Increase the factory warranty to 2 years.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I do have double insulated windows in my '05 Suncruiser. I'll guess they are filled for dry N2. Makes the coach nice and quiet.

Tom
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Shift pad for the Allison transmission for the W24 and W25.5.

Replace the small 24D coach batteries in the gas coaches with 27D.

Increase the factory warranty to 2 years.

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree in fact why not go one step further and put all 6volt batteries for the house side? A bit more pricey and a bit more room, but increases dry camping efficiency ALOT!!

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 02-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I would also like to see a GPS navigation system in the dash and large pass through basement storage. We would also like to not have to give up a storage pantry to get the larger 4-door refrigerator. My wife and I have also wondered why they have not used floorplans in the diesels like the 38T and the 37B gas chassis models. My wife would like to have a work desk for computer, etc. so she could continue working on the road for several years after I retire. Having an area at the rear of the coach that can be isolated from noise and distraction would be ideal for her. We also have not really found the interior fabric and designs from Winnebago to be our favorites. We were in a Dutch Star at the RV show that we really liked the interior design, color and fabrics.

John

2002 Winnebago Brave 34D Ford V10
jafortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I agree in fact why not go one step further and put all 6volt batteries for the house side? A bit more pricey and a bit more room, but increases dry camping efficiency ALOT!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree that 6 volts increase capacity "A LOT". Compare the amp/hour ratings.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Having an area at the rear of the coach that can be isolated from noise and distraction would be ideal for her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rear engine diesel access gets in the way of designing new rear area floor plans. BUT, I hear that Freightliner is bring out a flat floor in the bedroom area next year.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I'd like the W25.5 with an 150 gallon gas tank under my 37B.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I would like to see the manufactures build their products using todays technology instead of methods dating back to the 60s and give a warranty with out all the disclaimers such as its our responsibility to check all the sealants after the first 6 months. Build a product that doesnt leak the day after its delivered.
cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #13

A diesel puller, better gas mileage, better insulation in the ceiling of the back bedroom, one extremely comfortable chair in the 37B bedroom, no TV over the driver and passenger seats, a dinette that normal sized adults could sleep in, fully framed window cornices, a fabulously comfortable seat for the driver (chazfaz), cabinets with slide-out drawer shelves, better quality carpeting, attractive mid-ceiling lighting fixtures, a shower curtain instead of a glass box, a bed in the bedroom that has enough room around it to make it easily.

An honest sales staff, sales staff and repair people who have actually had experience traveling in a motor home. Timely and hassle free completion of any repair.
MissEllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I agree in fact why not go one step further and put all 6volt batteries for the house side? A bit more pricey and a bit more room, but increases dry camping efficiency ALOT!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree that 6 volts increase capacity "A LOT". Compare the amp/hour ratings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody would know because Winnebago doesn't offer even an option that way. When using a proper 6 volt setup of 4 large batteries (T145) type, you will get more amp/hours than with a normal 24D or 27D setup as in most of our rigs now. Not debating the use of 6 volt batteries, I'd just like to see them even offered as an option for their entire line of coaches and let people make up their mind whether or not they want to take the option.

ON EDIT: T-145 gives 260AH for 20/Hr Rating, 27 AGM is 100 and 31AGM is 110. All from Trojan-battery.com

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD