Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have some pink liquid that seems to be leaking just underneath the bedroom slide out of my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U. I'm guessing this is hydraulic fluid and will need a service center to review and see. Can any of you recommend a good dealership/service center in the Southern California area? I live in Valencia which is just north of L.A.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have some pink liquid that seems to be leaking just underneath the bedroom slide out of my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U. I'm guessing this is hydraulic fluid and will need a service center to review and see. Can any of you recommend a good dealership/service center in the Southern California area? I live in Valencia which is just north of L.A.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I took our '03 Adventurer to Barber RV in Ventura and received good service. Sure beats the traffic nightmare to Carson where I purchased it from Altmans.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

mrsr71...how was the service at Barber RV? We live in Ventura area and purchased our 05 Itasca Horizon from Mike Thompson at the Pomona RV show. Do they seem to treat those that didn't purchase their Winnebago/Itasca RV at Barber as well as those who did?

Thanks
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jeanne M. congrats on your horizon , I get my 40KD horizon in ten looooong days. Which one did you get, what options, color etc.??? Just my opinion based on feedback from this and other forums but Mike Thompson has a bad reputation for service and I have heard good about Barber, I was told by west coast Winne rep that VentureOut RV in Bakersfield has one of the best reputations for service on the west coast.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Lucchese1...10 looong days you wrote! Try two months!!! That's how long WE have to wait. We didn't like the cherry wood in the demo model. WAY to dark for us. I like light and airy.

Sorry to hear about Mike Thompson's service. I really hope the prove better than that, but alas! I am the type to pester and hound until I get what I want.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucchese1:
Which one did you get, what options, color etc.??? QUOTE]

I forgot to answer your question...we got the 36GD. We would have gone bigger but the driveway is only 36 feet. We actually stick over by 7 inches (coach is 36'7"). DH is worried about city harrassing us. I don't think so cuz we're not BLOCKING...just hindering foot traffic. (At least I'm crossing my fingers that they won't).

Just went and looked and your 40KD floorplan is awesome..!!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Jeanne M. your are definatly right the sqeeky wheel gets the oil and be paitent the 2 months will the longest of your life, I acually ordered my coach on 08/05/04 and will pick it up on 11/15/04 and it was a long three plus months wait but I learned alot from this and other forums about every aspect of RVing and what to expect from my new motorhome.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeanne M.:
mrsr71...how was the service at Barber RV? We live in Ventura area and purchased our 05 Itasca Horizon from Mike Thompson at the Pomona RV show. Do they seem to treat those that didn't purchase their Winnebago/Itasca RV at Barber as well as those who did?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stan Kohagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I was completely satisfied with the treatment I received at Barber RV. Puts Altman's to shame.