Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My wife and I have been offered either an Adventurer Limited or Itasca Latitude (it comes with a big rebate) both built on the UFO chassis for a very good price for either one. Not being all that fimiliar with either Winni, I thought I would ask some owners their opinions of the above mentioned coaches.

Thanks!
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My wife and I have been offered either an Adventurer Limited or Itasca Latitude (it comes with a big rebate) both built on the UFO chassis for a very good price for either one. Not being all that fimiliar with either Winni, I thought I would ask some owners their opinions of the above mentioned coaches.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

are you trading your mh or selling it out right? If you dont want to answer I understand, what kind of deal are you getting?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We love our UFO. I haven't heard of anyone who has driven one that wasn't impressed. Although some people don't like how the Destination interior looks, we are happy with ours. Have you driven either one?

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Gramps,

Here are some threads from previous discussions about the Adventurer Limited Edition.

Seemed to excite a lot of folks.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Both coaches we are looking at are located out of state so we have not seen them or driven them in person so to speak.
I drove a 37 ft Destination at the FMCA GEAR rally in Richmond and was very impressed with how it handled. We visited a 39 ft that was built on a Freightliner chassis so we got a look at the floorplan of the 39 ft Latitude UFO that we are interested in (price is 127K with 11K rebate so 116 is the bottom line.) However, my wife likes the more classic look of the 37 foot Adventurer (for 121K) which has the same floorplan layout of the 37 foot coach that we both drove. The Adventurer doesn't have the 11,000 dollar rebate currently offered on the Latitude. We have not priced them with a trade in. The prices we have are for a straight purchase. The dealer has left a message saying the trade in price may also be pretty good as well. We shall see. This opportunity came out of the blue and is for a very limited time so our thought processes are on overdrive at the moment.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Not sure that I would get too excited about any "deal" currently being offered.

With fuel prices going up on a daily basis I have the feeling that there are going to be a whole lot of really good deals (better than current offers) come to market. Some current owners will sell for what ever thay can get and manufacturers will produce only a limited number based on demand. That is, if they can sell current inventory.

IMHO, if fuel prices don't stabalize after the general election then we are in for a 2-3 year period of chaotic market conditions. Each of us will determine how much "pain" we can endure at the pump while seriously curtailing travel plans. We may even see MH's go the way of dinosaur's. Sorry, I digress. This is a topic for another thread.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chief:
Not sure that I would get too excited about any "deal" currently being offered.

With fuel prices going up on a daily basis I have the feeling that there are going to be a whole lot of really good deals (better than current offers) come to market. Some current owners will sell for what ever thay can get and manufacturers will produce only a limited number based on demand. That is, if they can sell current inventory.

IMHO, if fuel prices don't stabalize after the general election then we are in for a 2-3 year period of chaotic market conditions. Each of us will determine how much "pain" we can endure at the pump while seriously curtailing travel plans. We may even see MH's go the way of dinosaur's. Sorry, I digress. This is a topic for another thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't get excited about much of anything anymore except maybe when..well never mind. As for gas prices...the speculators and commodities traders are the culprits behind high oil prices at the moment and sometime in the next few weeks or so there is going to be a very big correction taking oil company stocks down including Exxon-Mobile so if your retirement fund has oil company stocks sell em while you still can get a good price. But this is a topic for another thread.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Gramps, just keep in mind that a 25% to 30% reduction off of the sticker price is a good place to start negotiating. The rebate is just an added bonus after you settle the price.

Steve
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote