Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2024, 06:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Bedroom Jenson TV Removal 2010 Aventurer 35P

Hi ya’ll
I have a “new 2 me” 2010 Winnie Aventurer 35P that has a Jenson TV in the bedroom. Can’t seem to figure out how to get it out. Help!?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	189031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1587.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	189032  

Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 08:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not in the after 2010 group where we get the really great interactive parts and the line drawings we get show little of value, so I might make a guess as best I have?

I think I see a couple covers like we might find used to hide and cover screws on the trim at right of TV?
Are you familiar with how those covers are popped on the head of screws to hide them? Kind of snap on like a bottle cap covered with fabric for nicer look?
Any chance a gentle pry at those two covers might pop them off to show some attachment like screw heads underneath?
Maybe taking that trim off opens up to see far more?

Best info I get from drawings but not sure of it?
Click to get better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	sup.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	189033
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 10:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Winnebago likes to use their metal fabrication shop to custom make very heavy steel TV mounts. While every other manufacturer uses nice standard TV mounts that are easy to access and manage.

I have an Adventurer but a different version with a different TV area. On mine there were a couple of bolts holding the mount from below. So you might check underneath the top of that cabinet below he TV. That’s where mine was bolted though. However, I have drawers under the TV not a cabinet.

Those screw caps on the wood trim that Richard pointed out on the right hand side look like a possibility, as well.

You’ll likely be looking for the way to remove that metal plate that they’ve attached to the back of the TV. It doesn’t work like any other TV Mount you may have worked with before.

Also, Jensen specialized in 12v TVs for RVs for a long time. So it’s possible that it’s not a 110v TV with a standard plug. They did make both styles back then, so it could be either kind.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks! I saw that too but was hoping there might be a trip lever I’m missing. I’ll take off that panel and see what is back there.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Looking at the drawing I posted above, it doesn't look like any standard mount that I see as the screws are way farther apart than the standards we now see for mounts.
that makes me feel there is a custom metal mounting plate screwed to the TV back and then the plate screwed/bolted to the RV.
If we think of how it had to be done in the right order to get it on, then we have to reverse those steps to get it off!
Best guess until you get better ideas is that they put the plate on the TV, mounted the plate and then covered the ugly part!

Second idea that may/may not be practical is using one of the small camera on cords attached to cell phones? I think I see an air space at the top of the trim?
Maybe shove the small camera in to do a look around?
But I admit that I had one and loaned it out where it got broken and I've so little use for it, I have not replaced it!

It's amazing how many tools I DON'T need when I stopped working!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 02:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks! This diagram was correct. By removing the wooden end cap it revealed two screws on the bracket. With those out I lifted up and out. Thanks for the diagram!

Tags
removal, vent