Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Just looked at the Winnebago web site for the new 07' model year. It appears that they are eliminating the 32' DP from the line up. That's too bad, when we were shoping for a new rig, the only reason we purchased one is because we could get a DP that was not 35-40' long. We like to squeeze into the small beach camp grounds and National and State parks. Some of the really nice older parks are size limited to anything much over 30'.

I wonder if the FRED chassis is going to replace the DP chassis on the smaller units....

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Just looked at the Winnebago web site for the new 07' model year. It appears that they are eliminating the 32' DP from the line up. That's too bad, when we were shoping for a new rig, the only reason we purchased one is because we could get a DP that was not 35-40' long. We like to squeeze into the small beach camp grounds and National and State parks. Some of the really nice older parks are size limited to anything much over 30'.

I wonder if the FRED chassis is going to replace the DP chassis on the smaller units....

Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Marty: If that if true then you really made the right choice for you and had perfect timing. Also there seems to be alot of unknowns about the '07 new green diesel engines. Now the challenge is to retire healthy and put as many quality miles on that beautiful coach before our time is up.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Gary,

Yes, the 07' diesel with the EGR system was also a motovating factor. I've used the rig a couple of times a month since we brought her home, and I am loving every minute. The long vac is going to Wash state in August. I can't wait!

Old 07-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

SargeW, I agree with you. With the trend toward more efficient vehicles why did they drop a model that offered a smaller platform for a new interior design ? We have a 03 Horizon 32' and have enjoyed it as is but it offers a great basis for a even better floorplan. I hope you enjoy yours too.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:37 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I love the floor plan we have. The side hall way is a nice change, and I really like having the closet as the slide in the bedroom. With the bed fully within the confines of the main shell, I have found it to be quieter, and better insulated. The bed was in the slide on my 5ver, and cold nights were really cold within the thin walls of the slide.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have an '01 Journey 32T and love it. Even with this size of motorhome we full-time and it suits us well. Love the floor plan, especially the private bath.

Hate to see them eliminate this size from the diesel line. Was it just a poor seller?

Nick, Journey '01
Old 07-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Sarge, by the way I forgot to mention that the beds in the 32ft. were 80in and not 75in as in the 34ft. model. My feet would hang off the 75in bed !
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

That was a huge selling point for us too. My first TT had a 75" Queen bed and I hated it. I would NEVER buy anything with a short queen. At 6'1" I always felt like I was sleeping in a trunk.

Interestingly though, I just came back today from a weekend trip with a truck club I still belong to, and talked to a couple that had just turned over a 2005 Meridian 34' for a 2007' Meridian 36' foot. They were convinced that the extra 2' was going to make a world of difference. However, when I was standing at his 34' rig talking to him, he opened up a storage bin and I could see that it was stuffed with junk, and nothing organized. I give him 6 months and he will be complaining that the 36' is too small!

I believe in "take what you need, and need what you take".

Sarge