Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I had to buy a new icemaker last year at GNR. The technician told me that you should not make ice while traveling, presumably because the unfrozen water will slosh around and cause the mechanism to freeze up with undesirable effects.

cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BryanL:
--snip--As far as the fridge functioning, there should be little difference whether the heat is coming from an open flame or an electric heating element although the heating elements seem to be a bit less vigorous.--snip-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There is a noticeable difference under other than normal operating conditions, i.e., unusually hot weather, something wrong with the cooling unit, etc.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hdvectra:
Hello rocco,

I was told by the dealer (and I think it is in the manual) to run the frig on a/c off the inverter while traveling. Makes ice that way. Although It seems to make ice on the road also if it is on propane. If I stop for more than a few minutes I'll switch it over to propane so it doesn't draw the batteries down.

How is your RV garage working out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Her****!!

Did you change your screen name?

I was trying to get a hold of you awhile ago but I lost all my email contacts that I had in that address book. I'll try to get to you in a PM when I get the chance.

Yes, the RV garage is working great but I'm going to be going full-time so I'm selling the house. ...it was my dream house but another venture calls.

How's your RV garage doing?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is a noticeable difference under other than normal operating conditions, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It never ceases to amaze me how far some folks will go to find fault.

Do I really need to fill each post with legaleeze, with conditional parameters, with an extensive list of measurement conditions, with all qualifications, and suitable warnings, caveats, and so on?

Or would it just be possible to communicate as friends with the expectation that there is a reasonableness about nominal perceptions and reference frames and a bias towards friendliness rather than towards confrontation and fault finding?
BryanL is offline   Reply With Quote