Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-13-2023, 07:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Radio Swap Suggesstions in 2022 Adventurer 29B

Have 2022 Adventurer 29B with Sony Radio Model XAV-AX3000. Has anyone swapped it out for something with a larger display and maybe a tilt feature so passenger can use it.
martybhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi martybhawk,
In a thread from August of this year, we had the exact same question:
Upgrade Stereo in 2022 Advenurer 27N
Perhaps you could send a Personal Message to user MichaelR to see what was his ultimate solution. With whatever you do find, please let us know, OK?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 12-13-2023, 03:12 PM   #3
Site Team

The important thing to realize is that Winnebago changes the brand and model "Radio" they install in their motorhomes all the time. Yes, it can be year to year.

So, the vast majority of us have zero idea what radio you have installed from the factory and as a result, have zero idea what possibly might be a likely replacement.

How many members here have a 2022 Adventurer 29B? I don't know, maybe 5?? How many of them have changed or even wanted to change their OEM radio??? Impossible to tell. Perhaps one, two if you're lucky.

So, your question is not one we can answer here very easily.

If Winnebago always used the same radio year after year in model after model it would be easier to find an answer.

What we've learned is folks that want to change things like this are pretty much on their own.

My standard response is to tell folks to either take their RV to a local Car Audio installer OR to call Crutchfield. Those are the folks that can take your current radio model number and tell you what other radios have the same sizing and similar connections.

Best of luck!
Old 12-13-2023, 03:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all of you for your responses.
martybhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 05:30 PM   #5
ACB
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2022 Vista 29V but I believe it’s the same dash. I have the Sony radio. I haven’t tried to change it out but did have it removed for service behind the dash. The molded Winnebago dash panel fits “ around “ the radio face. If you change the radio you may need to modify that dash panel console to fit a larger head unit. Hope this helps.
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, radio, adventurer