Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Resetting slide out motors

Haven't had an issue but thought I'd pass this along. I asked dealer what happens if slide stops working. On my 2108 and I'm guessing any Micro there's a a little panel on low wall near the floor. Two screws to remove panel and you'll see a little control box. Follow the directions on the box to reset the motors then close slide all the way.

There are little chain drives on each side and they get out of sync with each other. Resetting allows you to close slide at which point the two sides resync with each other. Or so I'm told. He also said if you always go all the way out or all the way in the two sides will probably never get out of sync.

There's also a way to push it closed but I can't really remember what he told me on that. Anyway. Good info. Thought I'd pass it along.
Bhfromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Good to know. The senior tech at our dealer said to me that running all the way out and all the way in is also suppose to sync the two sides.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out