Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2024, 02:24 PM   #1
Micro Traveler

Micro Minnie 2108FBS Vinyl Decals Coming Off ... Warranty?

I have only owned my Micro for only 3 months, but many decals are cracking and coming off (especially from the front fiberglass shell, but several from the azdel sidewalls also). The tops of the decals are loosening, and the vinyl in these areas is cracking.

It seems either the adhesive is defective, or the fiberglass / azdel finish was not cleaned properly before applying the decal?

Do any forum members have real-world experience with getting these replaced under Winnebago's 1 year warranty?
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Our new 2024 (mfg date of 10/2023) Winnebago is having issues with the decals peeling off as well. We have informed our dealer of the issue about a month ago and have not heard back. We will see how they (Winn. and dealer) handle it.
JK05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 08:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

2021 2100BH. The stickers near the door on mine have started to Pell and crack. I went ahead and pulled them off. Never would have considered this to be a warranty item
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 11:24 AM   #4
ACB
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK05 View Post
Our new 2024 (mfg date of 10/2023) Winnebago is having issues with the decals peeling off as well. We have informed our dealer of the issue about a month ago and have not heard back. We will see how they (Winn. and dealer) handle it.
I’ve had warranty issues the dealer was very slow to respond to. I’ve often called Winnebago directly, emailed them and copied the dealer. It usually helped.
I haven’t had decal issues though, so have no input there.
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 01:24 PM   #5
Micro Traveler

To clarify, I am talking about the large "design decals" (swooshes, slants, mfg / model name, etc), not the obnoxious little siding stickers advertising tires, TPMS, solar, etc (which I WISH were removable!).

I would think Winnebago would want their name looking good on their RVs for many years, instead of cracked & peeling off?
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:32 PM   #6
ACB
Winnebago Owner

I feel your frustration. I don’t have a good answer for you. I live in the desert heat at 110 degrees today. My three year old decals on my RV still look good, never used anything special on them. My previous Winnebago looked good after 10 years when I sold it.

My suggestion is to reach out to Winnebago directly. Maybe you get some relief. Maybe not.

Good luck.
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote