Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2024, 05:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Camco Hose Water Filter Usage Question

I have the in-line water filter from Camco ($22 version you attach at the spicket) that I used 5 or 6 outings last fall. It’s been in safe storage over the winter. Do you advise I get a new one or can I flush this one and continue using??
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 06:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've had one of these for about 3 years, use it here and there at home (when filling up water cans for camping), and it still filters water. Our city water is heavily chlorinated, and the Camco filter removes the taste of choline from water. Now I can't say for sure that it works just as well as it did when it was new, but it's still doing "something."

I believe the label on the filter says that it has a 3-month lifespan, though. Is that 3 months of continuous, full-time-living use? 3 months of occasional camping? Who knows...

If you're concerned, grab a second filter and keep it on hand as a spare should you ever decide your original isn't doing a good enough job.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If it where me, I would reuse provided like you said was stored in a safe place. I would have caped both ends and wraped in plastic.

Now on the other hand my DW no matter how safe I felt it was stored would require me to purchase a new filter.

I tried to reuse our inline filter thats for drinking water, ended up not being a good plan.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:22 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I replace mine at the start of every season. I usually buy 2 packs. I also put the in service date on it in case I forget when I started using it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies. For 20 bucks I decided to get a new one for the season. I took time to read the info. Says to replace when taste changes or water flow decreases. And to store in the frig with the cap on. It also comes with an add to change out every 3 months. That’s the marketing piece I think.
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:01 PM   #6
Hypothesis

Good to replace since organisms like to grow in dark, undisturbed, moist places

Tags
water